14 September 2016

NHL Funko Pop!

A print screen of the news on my Facebook feed.
OMG! That was my first reaction when I saw the news about NHL players to become Pop! stars! As for me, this is a very nice combo - collecting Funko Pop! and hockey! Funko Pop! has already secured the rights to WWE, MLB and NBA athletes, so this will be another sports league marking their place on the shelves in Pop! form. The initial lineup will include ten players and some variants just exclusive for the collectors in Canada. Some toy stores in Canada have already put one of these figurines up for sale and other stores have promised that these will be in on October the 20th.

Soon!
The first line of these figures are all veterans - Crosby, Ovechkin and Kane. Then there will be other variants available with players with different jerseys on. Hockey is the third sport to adopt the Pop! line after basketball and football. Other sports have figurines of their mascots, but not players. 

And of course there are a lot of opinions about this - some think that they have chosen just a little range of players or goalies, but not the personal favorites. Of course we all have our favorites, but they need to start somewhere. 

So, keep your eyes open in November for those Funko Pop NHL figures, if you are a collector!

2 comments:

  1. Hockey isn't big here in Chile, and I'm not a huge fan of sports in general haha, but it looks like a lot of fun for sports fans, way to go!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, it's like me and football/soccer - no big fan of that! :D Hockey is big over here in Sweden and the new season has begun. I try to watch as much as I can, depending on what they send. Have my favorites, of course.
      I'm glad about the news and even the range of different categories when it comes to Funko Pop. Music, sports, movies, classics and many more. A lot to choose from.

      Delete

Make me happy, send me a comment! Thank you!