22 November 2016

I support BJD Artists!

Noomi.
What ever I collect or buy, I want to buy the real thing. No copies, no recasts and no look-a-likes. If I can not buy it, I save for it or wait for a better moment. Behind every doll, there is an artist, who had you in mind when making, working and designing. She or he wanted you to have the best and the easiest way to say Thank You, is to buy the real thing - even if you have to wait. 

When I started in this hobby, I never thought that there would be a market for recasts. But when you suddenly stumble on really cheap dolls, that look like the real thing, you start to wonder. And yes, this hobby is expensive and it can take a long time to save up to the doll you want. And yes, sometimes you miss the opportunity to buy one, because it is a limited edition. But those things are not a reason to buy recasts. 

Well, there is no reason at all to buy recasts. Absolutely non at all. 

I waited a while for my Dollmore Mokashura Duyou. She is a Baby Doll, cute and sweet. I followed the work of the artists and made it more as a trip to something good, instead of getting frustrated by the long wait. The feeling of getting her home is something above the rainbow of happiness. The joy of doing the right thing. Being patient and supporting the artists is the right way to go.

You can read more and look at other supporters over here, at Tumblr.

10 comments:

  1. Saving can be frustrating too, at least for me but I have found that I enjoy the doll more when I can finally make the order and bring them home. There's just a really special feeling about saving and finally getting that doll.

    Perfectly said. There really is no reason to buy a copy. At the end of the day, there will always be more and better limited dolls anyway so if you can't get one, then just hang out for another to come along. Artists are always producing new work.

    And that special feeling of getting your first, there's nothing else quite like it is there?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true - I agree with you, that saving can be frustrating too. I’m in a saving mode right now and it goes slow, but I know that it will be worth it in the end. It is as you wrote, the feeling is special when you finally get the doll. And there will always come new ones and even the second hand market can have some beautiful things. But there it can be tricky, if the seller is not honest with you about the doll they are selling.

      I remember when I got my first, after many years of saving and searching - it was a joy! Nothing can replace that.

      Delete
  2. All these artist supporters, makes me so happy! It's so beautiful to see all us pro-artist collectors come together and show support :D

    I agree, there isn't one single good reason for buying a recast :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I would not do anything else than support! It is the right thing to do! :D

      Delete
  3. Well said! I doubt anyone will die if they don't get a doll so I don't think there's an excuse good enough to justify a recast. So many people worked hard for their dolls and so many artists behind them too. I rather have nothing that buying a copy (which btw is not even that cheap XD).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I would choose nothing too, instead of buying a copy. And today you can get good dolls for a nice price too without getting a recast.
      Haha, and nothing bad will happen if you just wait and save, so true!

      Delete
  4. YES YOU DO! XD I agree, well said! I think you're also a wonderful addition to this hobby, and I love your dolls!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And so do you! :) Thank you, Crystal! It makes my heart warm <3 and it has been a wonderful time creating this blog, meeting new wonderful people and learning to know you! You're the best!

      Delete
  5. Hi Niina, I totally missed this day ... don't know how, but I did. I 100% agree with you, it's all or nothing for me too. I think those that purchase recast dolls, are as bad as those who recast the dolls themselves. If it wasn't those who purchase them, there would be no market. NO is such a simple word and one of the first we learn as a baby, pity more people don't use it when it comes to being tempted by cheap knock offs and drugs!! Now I will get down off my soapbox.
    Hugs,
    X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Xanadu, and yes - it is so true - without a market there would not be anything to gain for those who make recasts. Agree with you that NO is a really useful and simple word in these cases. They should think about how it would feel if they put a lot of work and love into something, and someone just ripped them off. It is always better to own the real thing!
      Hugs!

      Delete

Make me happy, send me a comment! Thank you!