24 May 2019

Hairdorables: Kat

Late in March I took a trip to a new shopping market called "Eko:-". They have many markets and shops in many places and I have visited one before. This time I wanted to see what they have because I have heard several complains. But as usually, non of these complaints were true. It was a clean, a lovely place och the prices were cheaper compared to toy stores, art stores and other stores. 


Came home with a Disney Princess, Snow White and a Hairdorables, because I was a bit curious about these tiny dolls with big heads and lots of hair. Had seen some cute versions on the net and YouTube, so I hoped for one of those. But those blind packs can be surprises, both a happy one and a disappointment.



With that in mind and an open mind to be happy for who ever were in the box I started to pack up, layer for layer. These dolls come in 36 different versions - 12 unique dolls with three versions of each doll. In the boxes you can find different accessories. I think that the package is very nicely designed, even if there were many plastic things to throw afterwards. Or maybe, if you are handy, you can re-use these for something else. The middle section of the box can be used as a stage for playing and even for storing the doll when not playing. 


The girls are happy and love to have fun. They have a backstory too but the main appeal of these dolls are their hair. And do they have hair? Yes, so much that they can not stand on their own and do need support. Sadly, I did not find a stand in my package even if there should have been one. This hair exposes the doll I got in this blind pack.


Among the tiny boxes that came with this package, I found some goodies. A dog, some stickers, a comb, boots and a sun cap. Those boots are so cute and the dog is named Gilly and is a corgi. Do not look like a corgi to me, but okay, it is a dog.


Gilly's owner is named Kat and she is a dog walker, pet trainer och animal lover. She volunteers at the local animal shelter and likes to snuggle with Gilly. She likes the color yellow and her motto is "Practice makes perfect".



These dolls are well made and detailed, even if the proportions are a bit off when it comes to the body and the head. This doll's lips bother me a bit. If the colors were switched, darker outside and lighter inside, it would be better. She is cute, but not my favorite. Maybe she will grow on me, maybe I will give her a new face up....because that would be interesting.

But now she stands, with some support, nicely at my desk, looking cute and walking her dog.

10 comments:

  1. Her hair is a really nice blend of blonde and pink. I do love those strands of pink and the dog is cute. I am loving those socks and shoes. I see what you mean about her mouth. Maybe do try and repaint her and see if you like her afterwards. The big head, small body remind me a little of Pullips.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The hair is beautiful and soft, like the colors too. The socks ans shoes are really pretty, and yes - she has the proportions that remind of a Pullip. I have seen some use the Kuu Kuu Harajuku doll's body with Hairdorables head.
      It would be fun to try to repaint her, or just do something with the lips. Future will tell! :)

      Delete
  2. She's cute Niina! And yes, if you were to fancy giving her a new faceup, I think that would be a lot of fun. Those boots are cute and help her to stand better with her little 'Corgi' ;) Looks a bit like a Chihuahua to me with it's big round head :)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sharon! :) I am looking for some inspiration for a face up for her. Hope to find something cute. Her doggie helps her with the balance, so I am happy about that. Agree with you, the dog is more like a chihuahua. But they both are cute together. :) Hugs!

      Delete
  3. What a cute little one. :) I love the colour of the hair too. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Her hair is really soft and beautiful! :)

      Delete
  4. My first thoughts when I saw this doll was ~ what a happy little bobble head. Love the hair but such a pity there wasn't a stand included. I guess you will have to make one for her Niina.
    Big hugs,
    X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, that was funny - a little cute bobble head! She sure has some bobble head about her!
      The stand is something this doll needs, so you are probably right - I need to make one!
      Hugs! <3

      Delete
  5. Hairdoorables look so cute and seem so fun to photograph, but I don't really want to start a new collection. Also, the whole "blind box" thing put me off. If I had unlimited budget and space, I wouldn't mind getting doubles, but unfortunatelly that's not the case. The one you got looks very cute, but my favourite one is the one with blue hair.
    I've just discovered your blog, and I'm going to add it to my reading list. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello and welcome to my blog, glad you found it!
      Blind boxes can be exciting just because you really do not know what you get but at the same time there is a big risk that you can get doubles. That is something that can put someone off.
      These dolls are cute and I do not mind buying them, but maybe not from the same line. Bigger chance to get a different doll, if you buy from different lines.
      Take care! :)

      Delete

Make me happy, send me a comment! Thank you!