17 January 2020

Warm socks

It has been some rather cold days over here. Windy and rainy too. Do not know if it is the late Autumn storms or the early Spring storms that rage over here. Our lovely Bentley loves the wind, because he can hunt the flying leaves. I do not have the same interest, though. 




Came in a cute bag.
While waiting for my boy doll (before shipping according to the information on my order) and his outfits from Dollmore, I made an order at HelenDollClothes on Etsy. Feeling the cold weather and using my own knitted socks, I wanted some for my dolls. She has such cute things in her shop, but this time I just ordered the socks.




These socks are well made and so soft, so I am very pleased. The delivery took some weeks, but that I already knew because the seller has much information on her Etsy. And I could track the delivery, so as a buyer I had nothing to worry about.

Hope that the New Year started well and that you are keeping warm. We had a nice and peaceful eve, together as a family. Took a walk with Bentley just to see the fireworks. I was a bit nervous about the fireworks scaring him, but he was calm and sat down with us just looking. Could hear other dogs bark and being nervous, because these fireworks are loud. Bentley is probably used to the bangs and noises from our months at the cottage and the hunters.

In the between of the Holidays I visited my doctor and my physiotherapist. Have a schedule to follow with exercises for the almost healed arm and the rest of the body. Works fine and my physiotherapist keeps me motivated. We have a goal (row, row, row the boat) and tiny goals on the way. 



Mai with her winter outfit and a pair of socks.
Have tried to knit (ouch - a no no) and crochet (works rather well). Have even done some easy sewing (thankfully one arm works). Crocheted a shawl and a hat for Mai. Simple patterns and nothing fancy. She even got a long-sleeved dress, well more of a tunic kind of thing. This pattern was for a Barbie, but I used a larger seam allowance. Suited well after some tries. It feels good to make things, even if it is small and simple things. Made some socks too using the same fabric.

This was all for today. Enjoy the weekend!

16 comments:

  1. So pleased to read you had a lovely start to the year Niina. Those knitted socks look really nice and so different to others I have seen. I'm pleased you are recovering and getting back into sewing for your dolls, Mai looks very pretty in her outfit and the matching socks look very professional . . . well done!
    Big hugs,
    X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, it feels great to slowly get back to ordinary life and doing stuff for and with my dollies. It has been long months with the plastic and then the orthosis.
      I like the knitted socks a lot, very well made and comes in different colors too.
      Hugs! <3

      Delete
  2. Ah your doll looks quite snug and warm in those gorgeous socks! Good to hear your arm is almost fully healed and those exercises sound like they will help with healing things faster! You have certainly been way more productive than me this month!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, feels great to almost be back on track being productive. It almost got a bit boring just to rest and not moving as I was used to! Poor dollies being in their boxes and bags! But I am taking it slowly, my exercises work very well.

      Delete
  3. I'm glad you're recovering well from your arm injury! Physiotherapy can be challenging, but it will help you. Your doll looks beautiful and it seems she really likes her new socks.

    I spent my new years eve at home wearing PJs and watching movies. It's what I do almost every single year, since I don't really like going out (specially on NYE, when everyone gets super wasted).

    Here where I live we don't really have a very cold winter, but surprisingly, an snow storm is supposed to hit us at some point this weekend. Probably, it won't snow in the city, but we may see some snow in the mountain.

    Take care and have an awesome weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I am so glad too. It felt like I would never come to physiotherapy after the first month with plaster and orthosis. But now I am here!
      Mai really likes the soft knitted socks! So cozy!
      PJs and watching movies sounds like a wonderful New Year - something I could imagine doing myself. :)
      It has been rather snow-less this year. Last year we had a lot of snow even during Easter. But it is still in the beginning of the winter, so who knows! The weather usually surprises us every year!
      Take care! Enjoy the new week!

      Delete
  4. Oh my, those are so cute!! I'm glad you are recovering well, good luck with the therapy, and keep pushing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Musume! I have always liked socks like this on myself, so getting some for the dolls was a fun thing to do.
      Thanks, feels good to be slowly recovering! I am glad to have my physiotherapist! She helps me push my own limits!

      Delete
  5. I'm glad to hear that all is going well with you Niina and that your arm is improving. I love the little socks, they look so beautifully knitted, I wish I could knit like that! It's great that you've been able to sew again too :)
    Happy New Year to you and your family xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sharon! It is great to be almost back to myself! Have a long way left, but with my physiotherapist pushing me I think it will go well. At the same time I may get a bit more fit too!
      I wish I could knit like that too. I can knit and crochet jumpers and hats, shawls...but not socks! Really beautifully made!
      Enjoy the new week! Hugs!

      Delete
  6. Hello Linda and thank you! Mai looks really warm and cozy. It was fun to make her an outfit of her own. So far she have been borrowing my Narsha doll's clothes. She is a slim MSD, so that works, but it is always fun to have something that is her own.
    Yes, I broke my humerus badly in October, when I fell. Today I can use the arm rather well thanks to physiotherapy. It has been a long journey and it will take some time to get back to as it was. But I am on my way! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love all of the socks. Mai's outfit is delightful. She was meant to wear stars!

    I am glad you are on the mend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Dorothy! :) Stars are her 'colors'.
      It feels good to be on the mend!

      Delete
  8. It's so good to read that you are recovering. And I keep my fingers crossed for further improvement. :)

    Socks look great. And Mai is wonderful. She's so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, it feels good to be recovering well. During the day I take the orthosis/plaster off.
      I am so happy with Mai and the socks!

      Delete
  9. Thank you, can not resist socks and shoes! I always want to dress my dolls to match the weather, so they do not freeze and feel cold. LOL! Thankfully it is warm indoors! :D

    ReplyDelete

Make me happy, send me a comment! Thank you!