04 May 2020

May the Fourth be with you!

BB-8 among Bellis perennis.
Is this a fun day, or what? Celebrating a Star Wars Day, just for fun and giving your Star Wars toys some extra love on this day. I took my Hasbro dolls Leia and Rey out on an adventure together with my youngest daughter and our dog. Needed some extra hands to keep all in some kind of order. Some tiny happenings did occur, but in all it was fun. Borrowed our neighbors fence too. That was okay.

Looking for adventure.

Maybe no adventure at all to find.
It is said that this day, May 4, celebrates George Lucas’s Star Wars media franchise and that the date was chosen based on the catchphrase ”May the Force be with you” as ”May the Fourth be with you”. It is nothing created or declared by Lucasfilm, but many fans use this day to celebrate it anyway.

This phrase has been used earlier, all the way back in 1979, on the May 4, when Margaret Thatcher took office as Prime Minister of the United Kingdom. A congratulatory advertisement was placed in The London Evening News saying ”May the Fourth Be with You, Maggie. Congratulations.” And on May 4, 1994, the saying was used in an UK parliament defense debate. Since then this day has been growing and many places celebrate this day and Star Wars with different events. It can be out there in the real world and on the social media. Even up to the space, when astronauts in the International Space Station watched Star Wars on this day in 2015.

Look over there!

Beep-bee-bee-boop-bee-doo-weep.

Just stand still, so so still.
Some even celebrate the next two days, as the ”Revenge of the Fifth/Sixth" based on the "Star Wars: Episode III - Revenge of the Sith", as a day to celebrate the villains from Star Wars. 

Princess Leia.

Rey of Jakku
How to celebrate this day? Who knows, there are many ways. Some years ago I went to the LEGO store nearby and bought some Star Wars stuff and got some other things for free. Anyway you want to celebrate is okay. As long as you have fun. 

Enjoy the day!

16 comments:

  1. Happy Star Wars Day! Love your photos. I've done doll photo shoots for Star Wars Day on my blog in the past, but it doesn't look like I'll be able to this year. You can always check out my old posts though. Just go to Fashion Doll Memoirs on Blogger and check the side bar for the label Star Wars Day. May The Fourth Be With You.
    Signed, Treesa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. By the way, did you know that May 25th is Geek Pride Day? It's also know as Towel Day, if you're a fan of The Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy series by Douglas Adams, or Glorious 25th Of May, if you're a Discworld fan.
      Signed, Treesa

      Delete
    2. Thank you so much, Treesa! I will check out your old posts to see what you have been posting during this day! And nope, did not know that there was a Geek Pride Day on May 25th! But I should have - (some years ago) I talked with a workmate on a long bus trip about the Towel Day and the book. He had a towel with him to work on that day! It was so hilarious, just adore geeks like that! Hope you had a Happy Star Wars Day!

      Delete
  2. By the time I remembered it was May 4th, it was night time and I didn't get a chance to do anything with my Star Wars dolls. Such a shame as I would have photographed Amidala.

    I love all your photos in this post. Definitely has that Star Wars adventure feel to it. I love that you have Leia and Rey exploring together. I always felt like Leia was a surrogate mother for Rey.

    I'm late but Happy Star Wars Day for the 4th!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had plans to take photos earlier and by the old railway we have in our town. Some place on the railway look like taken from the movies, but as the weather turned worse and then the season for trains has started, I had to forget about that. Hopefully next year!

      So, I took the dollies and droids along to some of the dungeons we have. Worked well. And even if we thought that Bentley should be a outside the photo frame, he wanted to join us. Gladly he just jostled BB-8, looking happy about that. :D

      Thank you, I thought that Leia and Rey go so well together. In a way, as you wrote, Leia feels like a surrogate mother for Rey.

      Delete
  3. Thank you so much, Linda, glad you love the photos. And haha, we can even celebrate the 5th and 6th! Take care and big hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It slipped right by me this year Niina, but it's great to see how you and Bentley celebrated it. :) I love these photos, especially the close up of his big nose. I'm surprised he was so well behaved. :)
    Big hugs,
    X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) and it can happen easily, to miss things. Glad you could enjoy these photos. We have learned Bentley the phrase "You are welcome" (Var så god in Swedish) and he is only allowed to take things when we say that to him. He may use his nose and sniff or look, but not take and chew. He is very good at that. There are other things we need to work a bit more on, though. :D
      Big hugs!

      Delete
  5. I love all your photos and all the Star Wars 'trivia', I never knew any of that except for the date! I've obviously led a very sheltered life :D
    And I really love your dog, he's such a handsome beastie, bless him!!
    Big hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sharon! Always good to learn new things! :)
      Bentley is such a pleasure to have along and he is happy to be one in the gang. We are blessed to have him in our family.
      Big hugs!

      Delete
  6. Everybody needs some fun! So it's a great way to have it.

    I love your photos!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm really not a fan of Star Wars, but I loved the photos!!!
    Thanks for the trivia too~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks and you are welcome! I love to share a lot of trivia. Can not help myself! :D

      Delete
  8. Great photos at May the Fourth! I love Star Wars, so it's a pleasure to see all the photos, especially Bentley sniffing R2D2 made me giggle. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I love Star Wars too and try to keep up with the happenings around the May the Fourth. And Bentley had fun too! :)

      Delete

Make me happy, send me a comment! Thank you!