22 January 2023

It is 2023!

So, time goes by fast, especially when you have fun. I must have had a blast. I can not even comprehend that it is a new year and we are soon entering February. It was not long ago I was sitting in the garden at our cottage enjoying summer. Birds singing, soft breeze, deer walking across the gravel road and Bentley barking. Now I am at home, freezing, seeing snowflakes and wondering if I need and extra shirt for the late evening walk with Bentley. 

Summer was lovely at the cottage. It was nice and warm during the most of the days, all the way to late October. We even took a dip in the lake the last day of October. That has not happened for a long time. Well, yes, it was cold and I almost lost my breath diving in. If someone would ask me today, if I would swim like that, I would say "No, are you crazy?" I would need to sweep away the Autumn leaves first. 

Pictures: Bentley after his swim at the lake. My new doll, ordered from abroad, with a
skirt from Kamelia Doll Fashion and her Etsy shop. The two last photos as sand sculptures
made by different artists during the Kalmar International Sand Sculpture Festival in Sweden.
First one is called "Broken Dreams" by Bogdan Kutevych & Oleksiy Poda
and the second one, with the sunflowers, is called "Close, yet so far apart"
by Ludo Roders & Joris Kivits.

One of the dolls I bought during Summer. She is a Bellatrix Lestrange, a character from Harry
Potter movies. Love her face sculpt and her wild hair. 

And this is the peach one from the Rainbow High Collection. Her name is Georgia Bloom
and she is from series 3. In that toy store I met a young man and he really new stuff about
these dolls, new ones on the way and even about other toy stuff. Heard him talk with other
customers. He was the right one in the right place, was my thought.

There has been dolly times during Summer and Autumn. On one of our trips I bought a new Rainbow High. Did not find the grey-ones, but found a peach one. And the minty one. Took just the peach one and a big orange ball for Bentley, that he could have outdoors, indoors and even in the lake. He was so happy. Hubby and I took that trip together while the girls stayed home with Bentley. We did some sightseeing, eating and just enjoyed our time. 

Our joy. And sometimes pain. Especially when playing and hitting heads. He looked bamboozled 
and so did I. We are okay. The two first one are from the cottage, during Autumn and the other
two are from the other week, when we got a lot of snow. Bentley loves snow. He would sleep
outdoors in the snow, if he was allowed. 

When our neighbors asked us when we had plans to leave the cottage for home, I usually joked saying "before the snow" or "last day in November". They know that we often stay until a couple of days before schools start in late August, but with the new 'rules' with you-know-what, the schools have distance classes and education. So, the girls could have their classes through video communications, I so did I - all my commitments. So easy and felt so relaxing to be able to do so. My hubby took some of his extra vacation, but otherwise he was commuting between the cottage and home when he was free from work. We are glad that we could make it work, because not being at the cottage for almost two years, makes stuff grow. Fast. More work needs to be done and I hope that we can do it this summer.

I hope that 2023 has started well for you and you are enjoying your time with dollies. I have not visited you for a while, so I will do it now. 

Stay safe!

12 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a wonderful summer at your cottage Niina. Those sand sculptures are terrific and congrats on the new dolls.

    I absolutely love the photos of Bentley, he has grown up into a wonderful and handsome dog. I especially love the photo of him with his head in the snow, he's really enjoying himself.
    Big hugs,
    X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, it is always fun to find some new dolls!
      Bentley really can enjoy the snow, I could hear him breathe it in, deeply, when I took the photo. The first thing he does when letting him out in the snow, is that he throws himself into the snow and wiggles away on his back. :)
      Big hugs!

      Delete
  2. Hello Linda! It was well needed with some time at the cottage and some trips. Dolls are a big joy in my day and I wish I had more time for them all. :) Glad to see you are back! Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Nina,
    How nice it is to spend time at the cottage and I imagine it's more relaxing for distance work. Thank you for this post. Bentley is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. (Shasarignis) Hello Nina,
    How nice it is to spend time at the cottage and I imagine it's more relaxing for distance work. Thank you for this post. Bentley is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello, and yes it is really relaxing at the cottage and with distance work. I would say yes to this for the rest of my life. :) Thank you, Bentley is the best!

      Delete
  5. Hello Niina! Sorry it took me so long to read this post, but I've had some busy weeks at school.
    It looks like you've had a great time at the cottage! Georgia Peach is so cute, I'm very tempted to get her. All of your photos look lovely, the countryside is such a great backdrop! And Bentley seems to be having a blast in the snow.
    I'm glad to see that you're back. Hope you're doing well and that we get to hear from you more often. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello and no worries! It was a great time at the cottage and I when the Spring is here, I hope that we can pack our stuff and go there again. Georgia is really cute and I read a blog where she was introduced and got tempted. The store had even the mint-colored one, but I took Georgia. The minty one is still on my list, though. Yes, I agree - the countryside is really a great backdrop. I am looking for places nearby that are a bit different - like abandoned or old 'ugly' construction sites. The most places are far away, so it would take more that just a day for a photo shoot.
      Bentley loves the snow, winter is his thing. Or a windy day in Autumn, when he can chase the leaves.
      I am glad to be back. It has been some busy months with life and I hope that I can blog more often now and visit you! Take care!

      Delete
  6. Yes, the time flies so fast. It's February already!
    I love to see this summary, lovely photos of dolls and furry one. Bentley is so photogenic. :)
    It was also very nice to see Bellatrix in my skirt. :) Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, time really flies. And the sunshine we have here today makes it feel like springtime! Bentley has learned to pose when we have our smartphones or cameras out. But sometimes he can not sit still. :)
      The skirt is so beautiful and so is the sapphire one. So, thank you!

      Delete
  7. Oh I have missed the New Year. I hope you had a great start to yours. I don't even remember New Year to be honest. Things have been so busy here. So many lovely photos. I hope you had a great 2022. Time flies doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is amazing how time just flies away. It was a lovely 2022, mostly being at the cottage. It was nice to be there for a whole season between Spring and Autumn. And it was a busy time too. Hope to get more time for dollies during this year. :)

      Delete

Make me happy, send me a comment! Thank you!