23 December 2020

Merry Christmas!

Christmas is getting very close now and the year 2020, that I thought would be different to what it has been is soon over. I really do not know what to think about this year, but I hope that the next one will be so much better and that the vaccine that is out there will help. Sweden will get the first vaccine after Christmas holidays, but before New Year.

During the quarantine I have been studying, watching movies and series, taken up my crocheting again and trying my best not to go insane. Glad that I can still take a long walk with Bentley and enjoy the nature, even if it has been rainy, foggy and slippery with the leaves. We got some snow the other week but nothing else.

Sindy with protection over the eyes

I bought her from Lucia the Cat on Etsy.

I have even been at Tradera, a Swedish eBay-kind of thing. Had my eyes on some dolls, saved them as favourites and started to plan my biding. Well, as I said to my husband afterwards...this is not my kind of thing, to bid. I wanted to bid on a vintage Sindy doll. Back to basics felt like a good thought and it started well on several of the dolls but when someone starts to bid over her/himself, it just gets crazy and over priced. So I took my wallet to Etsy and found a vintage Sindy doll for half of the price the bidding went up to, even including packing and postage. I was so happy and two weeks later I had my Sindy.

Sindy in her top.

Mai in her Christmassy top

She is a 1984 Beach Party Sindy with new clothes, a purple top and white shorts. And totally cute, of course. I crocheted her a top using patterns from Octopudding and her YouTube. Used the same pattern for Mai, just thicker yarn and a larger crocheting hook. Worked wonders. Did one bolero with the same thought in mind for Esther.

Esther in her bolero type of cardigan.

A blurry photo of Joshua getting the Christmas tree ready.

Got home some Christmas things the other day and one is a 'ugly' shirt for a bottle and Joshua got that one. He looks so adorable in it. 

Joshua wishes you Happy Holidays!

Otherwise we are looking forward to our little Christmas with the family - just the five of us. Husband, daughters, dog and I. I wish you A Merry Christmas! 

15 comments:

  1. Yes, 2020 has been such a strange strange year. Looking back now, in 2019 we never even conceived we would begin the 2020s in this way and it's so sad that a year that should have been a celebration of a new era turned to be just that but not in the way we expected. Congrats on all your new arrivals this year! I truly hope you will continue to enjoy this hobby that can bring out our creative sides and joy! Merry Christmas Niina!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, odd indeed. So many plans and thoughts that we just had to put aside. I had so much hope for 2020, because the ending of 2019 felt good. But we survived, so far so good. Now I am looking forward to 2021 and hoping for the best.
      I got home some cute dolls and I am glad that I found myself a Sindy. She was a favourite when I was a little girl. So this year will end in a good feeling, dolly wise. And that is lovely. Enjoy the Holidays and see you in 2021.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you so much! :) Hope that your Christmas was lovely!

      Delete
  3. Congratulations on finding your Sindy, she's a beauty! I hope you and your family, along with Bentley have a wonderful Christmas Niina and a happy, healthy new year.
    Big hugs,
    X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Christmas has been cozy and warm. Hoping for the best for 2021.
      Hugs!

      Delete
  4. Yes, I found a Sindy - so happy about that, thank you! Childhood memories made me want one, again. Had one short haired Sindy in the 90's and looked for one of those or similar. Some prices for one Sindy could give me two BJD's, so I was a bit shocked. But this one is just perfect. Glad I waited and searched further.
    The pattern for the crocheted shirts are easy and so pretty. And the shirt of Joshua is a funny one, almost like a ugly Christmas sweater. :)
    Enjoy the Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Merry belated Christmas and Happy New Year. Hope you had an amazing time with your family. Congratulations on your new doll, she looks lovely. Plus, getting a good deal on a doll is always a bonus.
    Wish you an amazing last week of 2020

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you - posting this in June! :D Sindy is really adorable, have been looking for a friend to her - a Fleur or maybe a Tammy. Who knows. So many cuties out there!

      Delete
  6. Congratulations on finding a doll on your list. I recently got my Iplehouse BID Erzulie. She had been on my list for 3 years. I just love her.

    These are very strange times. Thanks for continuing to post. It is great to have fun doll places to visit, especially when the real world becomes a bit too much. Reading doll blogs helps to keep me sane.

    I hope you have a lovely New Year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Congratulations on getting a Iplehouse BID Erzulie, she is a beauty. I remember waiting and planning for other dolls, some being on my list for years. It is a great feeling when they finally arrive.
      It really has been strange times. Doll places keeps one sane, great that there are some to visit! :)

      Delete
  7. I thought I left a comment on this post wishing you a Merry Christmas, but turns out I didn't? And I notice it now, 2 months later. Anyway, hope you're having a great February and are staying safe and healthy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, you did - something just decided on blogger that comments will need to be accepted by me. Do not know how this happened and it was not all of the posts and comments either! :)

      Delete
  8. Thank you! Christmas was lovely and new year has been rather okay. But still 7 months left and amazing things can happen!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you, look forward to getting back to the dollies soon!

    ReplyDelete

Make me happy, send me a comment! Thank you!