26 February 2021

Memory Lane

When the snowflakes slowly fall and it is dark on the Northern hemisphere, I usually crawl inside looking for something to keep me warm. Like a bear, a thick blanket, a cup of tea or our dog Bentley. The last couple of weeks have been so cold and so snowy, that we started to wonder if this is it - the new ice age is here. It did not matter how much clothes we put on, it still was freezing cold. And Bentley had to have his long walks and play dates with his friends and us owners standing far apart with our masks on, while dreaming about warmer days. 

But even this did pass. The rain came, made the streets icy and ready to flip you over. We walked like penguins and hoped for the best. Today it was sunny, the streets are clean from snow, ice and dangerous winter elements. The birds tweeted and it felt nice, especially for the soul. There is hope for warmer days, less clothes and some new energy.

During cold days it is always fun to remember those warm days. This time I found some photos I took in May 2016. It feels like forever ago. Husband and I took a short road trip to a nearby lake and I had Noomi with me. The sun was up high, the lake glittery and the birds had a lot to tell. These two photos are from that trip.


The third photo I found is one of the first photos I took of Noomi, when she arrived. I got the yellow t-shirt as a gift and she really looks cute in it. And the sun makes the picture so warm. 

At the moment Noomi is tucked away in her box, safe and sound. There has not been so many opportunities for road trips and photo sessions lately with the snow and new restrictions. I hope that there will be good changes soon. And I hope you are safe and sound, too, and that the 2021 has been good to you so far!

10 comments:

  1. Hi Niina!
    This is a lovely post, almost poetic. 😊 Sometimes it's good for us to take stock, look around us and see the positives in our daily lives. I'm pleased you are not freezing your butt off any longer and that the sun is shining once again in your little corner of the world. With the vaccine beginning roll out around the globe, hopefully we will all have a brighter future to look forward to.

    It appears to me Noomi's photos have inspired you, perhaps it is time to unpack her from her box and give her some loving. 😘
    Big hugs,
    X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello and thank you! It sure is a good thing to stop and smell the roses from time to time and really appreciate the good things. At the moment it is the warmth of the sun that gives us a bit of energy after those cold and snowy days. And Noomi, then. I really should unpack her and give her some loving.
      Big hugs!

      Delete
  2. What a beautiful post you wrote. Your photos of Noomi turned out beautiful. I love the last one, with the light hitting on her face.
    I think it's quite normal to feel nostalgic of "the good old days", specially in the middle of a pandemic when we can do many simple things that we used to do. I do think that better days will come. However, despite it's terrible consequences, the pandemic can also serve as a learning lesson and put many things into perspective.

    Wish you a lovely weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! The last one is such a wonderful photo, just taken in a moments notice when the sun hit the kitchen and the cupboards.
      I agree with you. I have been and so has the rest of our family, looking at some older photos and short videos, sharing memories and laughing about funny happenings. The pandemic has changed so many things, so it is a good thing to have some saved memories to look at. I agree with you, that the pandemic has been a learning lesson, in both prioritizing and in appreciation.
      Enjoy the new week ahead!

      Delete
  3. Hello Linda! Thank you and I am so relieved too, about the ice age. Our neighbor said that "will this never end" when the cold day was followed by another colder day. The most we had this time was -21°C (about -5 Fahrenheit), but we have had more than that other years, like -35°C. So, we are very happy that the roads are safe and sun is making things warmer. Would be nice to take some dollies outdoors and take photos. And, yes, Bentley is always happy for those extra cuddles. :) Big Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is lovely! I enjoyed it, and I do remember when you shared tbese photos!
    I do hope we can go back to some sort of normal, eventually. I can't fathom so much cold, honestly--the weather here is quite warm.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good to hear that you enjoyed this post! I do wish too, that we soon can go back to normal.
      And yes, it can be rather cold over here! :)

      Delete
  5. Thanks for continuing to post during these very challenging times. Your words bring sunshine.

    It's a bit warmer now where I am in the US. Spring is on the horizon. I can feel it. Daylight savings time begins on Sunday so there will be more sunlight which will lead to more smiles.

    Noomi is a little cutie. The white dress is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Dorothy! Sunlight is good and brings joy,
      Noomi is such a cute one. Would love to have boy beside her. Maybe some day!

      Delete
  6. Hi Crystal! Do not know what happened to the comments. Had like 35 waiting for moderation. Gosh. Well, things have not changed so much since February. Still staying still and not being able to take trips. Ah, that day we can do that! :) Then Noomi will get outside!

    ReplyDelete

Make me happy, send me a comment! Thank you!