29 November 2021

I'm here.

You have plans. You have thoughts. You even have the time, but somehow it just runs through your fingers like sand. And there is nothing you can do about it. It is a big part of something called life. Without getting any deeper and philosophical - I am still alive and kicking. 

Since last post my life has been filled with good things and bad things. After we got our vaccines and our oldest relative, my hubby’s uncle, got his we decided to take a trip to the cottage. After a six hour drive, with just stops to take some well needed stretch the legs, let Bentley sniff around and eat our home made sallad by a lake we arrived at the cottage. We had not been there for two year because of the pandemic and I was a bit afraid to find it looking abandoned. The cottage looked just fine, but behind a jungle and fourteen deers. They were all over the place!

This was in late August and we felt lucky to finally enjoy a couple of weeks of late vacation. My hubby worked during the summer, so that he could have his vacation in September. Oldest daughter did the same and youngest had her summer as usual and started to study in September through a school platform and meetings on Zoom. Works well during the pandemic. 

I enjoyed my time with gardening (jungle), taking some swims in the lake and breathing the fresh forest air. Had some dolls along the trip too. We visited some places nearby, but mostly we stayed at the cottage. We visited my hubby’s uncle, being a 100 years old and just having his next birthday in late October. We had plans to celebrate him on his day before we drove home. I knew that my husband and oldest daughter had to travel back home to work and meanwhile I and the youngest one would stay with Bentley at the cottage. But that did not happen. No birthday, no work. 

We visited him daily, sat and talked, helped him to do grocery shopping, talked with the care takers. He was so glad to see is and enjoyed the visits a lot, especially our girls and Bentley. Bentley loved to visit him and just sit by him, like a support dog. It went fast in the end. He complained about a huge pain in his leg, ended up taking the ambulance to the hospital and he never came back. It was probably a blood clot. We miss him a lot. He was the last of my mother in law’s siblings. My husband and his cousins are the oldest ones now. 

Some of the flowers at my hubby's uncle's funeral.

Some weeks later we lost another relative, one my mother-in-law’s side. Just like that. He was even a neighbor to us, had the second house on the road before us. He has always been there, year after year and now the house is empty. Well, the village feels empty. And we are feeling numb. 

I walked a lot in the forest that my hubby’s uncle owns. Walked to the lake, picked mushrooms and berries, let Bentley be a free soul, took some photos of my dollies. So let’s enjoy some photos from those days. The dolls will appear in the next post...

Enjoying my walks.

Our neighbour's cows.

There are so many big rocks in the forest near our cottage.

What is this? A hiding place for a small hunter? It was hunting season during our stay at the cottage.
Village was filled with hunters and their dogs.

The lake.

Bentley and his best friend Dante, who came for a stay - two times.

Neighbour's two dogs - new friends.

Curious horses, so friendly. Oldest daughter with Bentley.

Bentley and Dante by the lake.

Bentley loves to sit on the rock and just look at the surroundings.

After a rainy walk and some food it feels good to just chill...in the rain, on the vet grass.

Macrothylasia rubi, I assume. Will be a Fox Moth.
Friendly too, even if some say it is toxic. 

Very tired after carrying a big stick from the forest. Fell asleep on it.

I had a thought to have this on the garden chair.
Someone took it.

Lovely goat at the Wämö park.

Life is not always a walk in the park, but we had some lovely moments
during the vacation. It was needed.

Thank you for your visit! See you soon!

7 comments:

  1. Hi Niina, welcome back! I'm so sorry for your loss. It is hard to deal with the loss of a loved one, but when you loss several people back to back it gets harder. Allow yourself as much time to grief as you need and don't feel like you have to go back to blogging if you don't feel ready. I love that photo of him sitting on that rock.
    Take care and have a lovely month of December!

    I do agree with Linda, your photos are fantastic. The landscape is so beautiful, almost as if it came out of a fairy tale. Bentley is such a handsome pup and he seems to be such a good boy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello and thank you! It really is hard to deal with the loss of loved ones and especially when it comes so suddenly. He was doing fine the days before. The empty feeling and no lights on in the house was harder than I could image to handle. Even Bentley felt it and could whine nearby his house.
      There are many places in South Sweden that feels like taken from a fairy tale. And with a tale to those places too. I love visiting such places and just feel the atmosphere there.
      Happy December! Can not understand how fast this year has gone by. In a month it is 2022. Mindblown!

      Delete
  2. Thank you, Linda! We had some good times with my husband's uncle. The last time I saw him, we laughed. I will cherish that for ever.
    The nature around our cottage is amazing, it is even called for the Garden of Sweden. It is good for the soul, you get energy and feel calm.
    And Bentley is photogenic and a very good boy....most of the times. :D
    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Niina,
    I'm sorry to read of your loss, it's always a sad time when we loose those we love. Hopefully life will begin to improve for you soon.

    Love seeing all the photos of Bentley, he's such a delightful and lovable boy. I understand you reference to time, this year has flown by so fast it's hard believe it's almost Christmas.
    Big hugs,
    X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! It is so sad, and this came so suddenly even if we knew that it would be soon because my hubby's uncle was almost 101 years and the other relative was sick. You never know when it is time to go, We are happy we got the moments of joy before.

      Bentley is such a happy boy, still so playful and excited. Some have said that it will calm down after 2 years...he will be three in April, so we will see. Some never do that and in a way I wish Bentley will be this way all the time. We love his quirky ways.

      Big hugs!

      Delete
  4. Hi Niina, So sorry to read about your losses, my condolences. It is comforting to hear that you had cheerful time with your uncle before.

    I love your summer photos, Bentley is a such a good boy. Lovely to see so many photos of him too. ^-^

    That caterpillar, "heinähukka", is really pretty! The hairs might make an allergic reaction so it is not recommended to hold any hairy caterpillars on hand even if they wouldn't otherwise be toxic. It can cause itchy rash. I saw few too and brought up more than I thought I could.

    Hugs. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, it was a rough time but I am so happy that we could see him and enjoy our time together even if it was for a short time.
      Bentley can at times be so photogenic. :) But when he sees ducks or chickens it is better to be prepare to 'fly' as a superhero after him, holding the leash. :D
      We had a lot of those catepillars on our garden. I picked them all and moved them so that no one of us would accidentally step on them. In the end of our vacation there, the last weeks, we had a lot of moths. I never got any reactions, so was a bit surprised. :)
      Hugs! <3

      Delete

Make me happy, send me a comment! Thank you!