25 December 2021

Enjoy the Holidays!

Aliisa feeling a bit sleepy next to a gnome.
Hello you! Hope that you are having a wonderful time, celebrating the seasonal holidays. It is amazing how fast this year has gone by. It is almost impossible to even grasp it. I have been busy with two of my three last exams for this semester. One was a fantasy book analysis, Stardust by Neil Gaiman and the other one was a crime fiction book, L.A. Confidential by Jame Ellroy. These books have been adapted to movies too. The last one is due in January, a gothic book analysis. 

We got some snow the other day, so this years Christmas is white. It has been rather cold too, around -20 degrees. On those cold days I wish it was Summer again. And when it is Summer and hot, I will remember these cold days.

Had a diorama laying around, so I bought a elf door and put it in there.
It was fun and those tiny things you can use for your dolls too, if you want to.

My new bald girl with no name. She is a Littlefee Basic from Fairyland (Denver Doll).
Dress (a pirate wench dress) is made by me with the pattern from
Lomi's Playground and Beth Alvarez, at The World of Ithilear.

I got my third vaccine for the Covid-19 for a week ago. The media reported a lot about the information that was given by the health authority - please get vaccinated before Christmas. So I reserved a time, drove to the facility where they gave vaccines and had to turn back home because 6 months had not passed since my second shot. Told them that it was just some days away from 6 months, but that did not help. Not even telling them that I am in a risk group with my diabetes. My hubby got a appointment at another place nearer his work and I tagged along, just for the fun of it, to see the sights from the car. He asked the nurses and doctor monitoring the vaccinations, if I could get the third shot. He was prepared for a no, but after the personal checked my medical history, they just said to him to send me right in, right now. It is so different from place to place and person to person. I am just glad that I got my third shot before Christmas and because of the new version, omikron. 

Well, that's some news from me, myself and I. I hope that you are doing well and enjoying the holidays! Stay safe! Merry Christmas!

9 comments:

  1. I hope you had a wonderful Christmas! I love that little diorama and what a great idea to use the elf door. Yes, COVID is pretty crazy here. My daughter came down with it the week before Christmas (likely from her basketball team) so we had to quarantine at home. She was the only one who tested positive and has since fully recovered, so we are all thankful! We also got some surprise snow on Christmas Eve which lasted until today (12/26) so it was wonderful to have a white Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Christmas was lovely and calm, just the way we like it. Thank you, it was a great little project with the elf door and the diorama. For net holiday, say Easter, I can re-use it. :)
      Sorry to hear that your daughter got covid, it is awful. Glad that she is fully recovered and that no one else in your family came down with it.
      Snow makes this season so much brighter. It is so dark up here in the north so early in the afternoon during winter season!

      Delete
  2. Hi Niina! I haven't been very active on here these past few days, as the Holidays have been busy. We'll still wrapping gifts, as for us the big day is January 5th. It is crazy how fast this year has gone. As per usual, I haven't done half of the things I wanted to do this year. I know you went through some hard times this year, but I hope you could at least enjoy the Holidays with your loved ones. The diorama you made is lovely.

    I'm happy to hear that you managed to get your vaccine just in time. Hope it didn't give you many side effects. Both my parents got it right before Christmas and they both had some fever and sore arms for the next few days. I don't know how it works in Sweeden, but here I wish people at desk jobs in hospitals would have some sort of healthcare knowledge.

    Thanks for stopping by my blog and taking the time to comment all of my last posts. It might seem like nothing, but I really appreciate it. Hope you had a great holiday time and wish you a happy new year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello and yes, holidays can be rather busy. We decided to do the things we really like during Christmas - the food, the tree and us as a family. It has been a rough year, 2021, so I am happy that we made it and I am going to cherish the good memories a lot.
      The people here in Sweden, at the desk jobs in hospitals, do have a healthcare education. Some can even be nurses on a higher level. At the vaccination place, a bit scary though, the first person we met was a security man (police officer) keeping everyone in order.
      You're welcome, I enjoy stopping by your blog - hope to have more time this year to comment on blogs.
      Hope that you have a wonderful day on the 5th of January.

      Delete
  3. I wish you all the best for the New Year! A lot of health and joy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Enjoy the New Year and stay safe!

      Delete
  4. Hi Niina, I wish you had nice holidays, or if they do continue you'll still be in peace and having nice time with your family. Onnellista uutta vuotta ja terveyttä. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The holidays were very nice, thank you! Ja kiitos samoin, onnellista uutta vuotta ja terveyttä! <3

      Delete
  5. Hello Linda! Thank you!
    I really love the new little girl. I was first (and still are) thinking about a Minifee, but this little darling just caught my eye. It is a size I do not own, just 25 cm. Hope to get her a wig and a face up soon. Wanted to make a dress to her, so she was not so naked. Poor thing, freezing in the winter wonderland. :D It was a lovely pattern too and with a youtube video with guidelines, so it was easy to follow.
    Yes, it is cold here at times, but then it can suddenly change. As today, rain and +5 degrees.
    Enjoy January!

    ReplyDelete

Make me happy, send me a comment! Thank you!