28 January 2022

Memories; While the snow falls

The snow is falling.
Soon, the longest month ever in a year, turns into February and from there it does not feel so far to the first month of Spring. Last year brought some hope with the happenings against the reason why mostly sit indoors and avoid other people. After several months that turned into years, we finally could take a trip to the cottage. It was like something surreal and happy at the same time. The deers had taken over our garden and the grass was higher than Kardashians high heels. But the sun was warm and the forest green, so I did not complain.


Had some Barbies along to the lake near our cottage. 
The leaves had started to fall.


A new star. She is a Barbie Extra that I found at a local toy store. 
She has Rainbow High doll's outfit on.
I had some of my dolls along and I knew that we could not travel as we usually do, so I hoped for some amazing days with wonderful weather. I got lucky. So lucky that I even could take a swim in the lake. That was like medicine for my soul. I just lied on my back in the water, floating like a plastic bottle, looking up to the sky. It was blue with fluffy white clouds and this was in late August and almost the whole September, before it got colder in October. The forest around our cottage is a great place to walk, pick berries and mushrooms...and take photos. 


Bought a car and a caravan to my collection.
The house in the background belongs to my
husband's uncle and a lady rents it yearly.
Here in Sweden it is still allowed to enjoy the forest, the parks and different sight seeings as long as you do not travel too far from your home. We could visit Wämöparken, the well known park in the Blekinge county. You can enjoy the nature, some cute animals and just take your dog for a walk. We did that as a family and we had a lovely day. We met an older couple that stopped by the dog park in the same area and the gentleman wanted to let the dogs play for a while. It was fine for us and it was so much fun for both dogs. In that dog park they have even a agility track. The other dog was really good at agility, but our Bentley got a bit confused. 

Autumn leaves.

Joshua just sitting while Bentley enjoys the dog park.

"Oh, please...do not eat me!"


A new boy. In the background you can see Bentley and the girls.
Amazon opened their doors in Sweden for a while ago and there were a lot of complaints about the site with crazy spelling mistakes and people ordering stuff that never arrived. I had to test that and ordered the teal colored boy from Rainbow High, River Kendall. I had now problems and got him on sale. He arrived to the cottage, in the middle of nowhere, in one piece. I am very happy. The local toy store had him, but for almost 3 times the price compared to Amazon. 

I hope that the year 2022 has started well for you. Stay warm and happy and cherish the memories. 

9 comments:

  1. Hi Niina! Your photos always look so dreamy, you're so lucky to live in such a beautiful place. The "months that turned into years" part really hit me, as this "unprecedented circumstances" don't seem to be coming to an end. At this point, it' not surprising that is getting into us and we're not feeling very motivated.

    Seems like you got a good deal on River! It's crazy to me the prices those dolls have in regular toy stores. I often buy my dolls on Amazon, either because they're cheaper or because they're nowhere to be found in stores. Those Rainbow High dolls are very cute, but I just don't want to get into another doll line. Unfortunately, both Georgia Bloom and Vanessa Tempo (the drummer girl)dolls are tempting me.

    Wish you a lovely week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When you first think about it, it does not feel like it was so long ago the circumstances changed our lives but when you start to count it really bamboozles you. I just hope that we can, soon, see some light and better days. It has brought a gloominess in ones daily life.

      The local toy store had some of the Rainbow High dolls for about 40 USD. I thought that was a bit too much, for the first line of the dolls, too. The dolls are very well made, even if I have heard that some have gotten dolls with defects on. I wish just that the feet, as on the boy doll, would be jointed on every doll. I have some dolls tempting me too...especially the minty one, Daphne Minton.

      And thank you, hope to be able to share som more photos from our cottage later this year. But you never know.

      Delete
  2. Thank you, Linda! I am glad that you enjoyed the photos. The place where we have our cottage and the county is called Swedens Garden. There is a lot of flowers, green trees and the lake and the sea are very blue. The air is different there too.
    I was a bit suspicious before ordering from Amazon, but glad that it went well. I have had my eyes on River for a while, so it was nice to find him!
    Made a jumpsuit out of old clothes that my daughters had when they were younger. Suited well for Joshua and works even on my other MSD-sized dolls.
    The goat is a kind one, always first to say hello and nibble on your fingers. Likes to be scratched on the cheeks. Such a cute one.
    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Niina!
    Looks like you had a lovely getaway, with time for a little doll photography too! It always looks so peaceful and pretty at your cottage.

    I love the photo of Joshua with the goat! River Kendall looks cute, perhaps you can review him for us some time, I know very little about these dolls.

    I'm also happy to read he was a bargain, I never seem to find any bargains on Amazon myself.
    Big hugs,
    X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello! It was so good to get away for a while and enjoy my dolls. It is a lovely place at the cottage and we all just want to stay there forever. :)

      Those Rainbow High dolls has just 'exploded' on the market. They have many new lines, different shades of the rainbow and different dolls. River Kendall is the only boy, so far. Great idea to do a review of him and the yellow girl I have in the same serie.

      I was so happy for the bargain, got lucky.

      Big hugs! <3

      Delete
  4. I love all the photos. But the first one with the car, on the moss, is pure magic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I took several photos of the car and love how they turned out. :)

      Delete
  5. I really like your exterior photos, especially the little car. It is cute.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much and sorry for a late respons! :)

      Delete

Make me happy, send me a comment! Thank you!