20 March 2022

Little Project: Glasses

I started this project a while ago and posted the results on Instagram. Never got to the point to blog about it, though, until now. It is a rather simple project and you do not need so much for it - scissor, fabric, glue, some kind of plastic, cardboard and some patience. 

The outline drawn on paper and then glued on cardboard.

Did the same with the other details on the glasses.

Measure the doll from the side too, from the nose to the ears,
so that you get the right size for the frames.

I began searching for some outlines for glasses and found Luna Lovegood's glasses. She is a character from Harry Potter and has some fun looking glasses. Wanted to make a pair to my still unnamed Littlefee. I measured her face from ear to ear and started to make a outline. This outline and glued to a thin piece of cardboard, from a box similar to cereal boxes. Used some tiny scissors for the detailed parts.

The glasses, fabric and some plastic pieces in red and blue color.

Glued on the back, ready to get cut to the right size.

After this I picked one of my pink fabrics, that is like a sticker on the other side. It was easy to just place the cardboard on the fabric and then cut the rest out. I used old saved pieces from a curtain for a door opening and cut two circles for the glasses. Glued these on the back of the glasses and made some adjustments when the glue was dry.

Seeing the world in blue and red - like purple. 

It was a fun project. It did try my patience, because it was so tiny. I learned some - the next time I will use plastic instead of cardboard and make the glasses a bit bigger. And maybe choose a simpler shape. It took all in all about a football game to make these glasses. The rest of the family watched a game on TV and I am more into hockey, so I made these instead. 

Enjoy the new week ahead. 

9 comments:

  1. Your funny glasses are a nice project. Thank you for sharing and for explaining how to make it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! It was nice to make some glasses. :)

      Delete
  2. Hi Niina!
    What a wonderful way to occupy yourself while the football is on. I think it's a much better way to spend some time (I'm not a fan of football) and they look so cute.
    Big hugs,
    X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello! Thanks! I usually listen to audio books when I make something to my dolls or enjoy other smaller projects. The sounds from the game and the rest of the family's talking and cheering was a nice company. :)
      Big hugs!

      Delete
  3. Hello Linda! Thank you! It was a nice an simple project as the first one in the 'new' year. Hope to get some more time to other projects during this year. It would be fun. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Niina! This is such a fun project and I think it turned out really cute. I made a pair of glasses for my Monster High dolls years ago, and I would agree that the simpler the shape, the easier it is. The holes for the glass are quite challenging, specially if it's for a small doll (not sure how big this doll is though).

    Sorry it took me so long to comment. I took some days off and now that I'm back I'm playing catch up with everyone's blogs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello there! No worries, took time for me to reply too. :)

      Thank you! It was a fun project and this little doll is just about 25 cm tall. I think that is something about 10 inches. She is my smallest BJD. Monster High dolls are very tiny especially when making props for them. I can just imagine the challenge in making glasses.

      I need to do some catching up too. Have been busy with our trip to the cottage (are here at the moment) and my studies. Enjoy the weekend ahead. :)

      Delete

Make me happy, send me a comment! Thank you!