19 September 2023

Inside a toy store

First a bit about the summer, that is long gone. One of the many storms, that visit my country during the fall, is building up. It has been rather windy today and the weather casts just say "you ain't seen nothing yet". I do not mind the wind, as long as it does not take along some trees.

This summer did not exactly go as I had planned. Had thoughts on gardening, especially in the backyard that heads to our garage. There we have some smaller trees and bushes, that I wanted to cut down or clean up. 

Long story short - during the summer I started to feel weird with pain in my joints. Felt like a hard strung BJD. I was tired and fell asleep easily. It got more and more difficult for me to function daily, so I had to contact the local health care center. Met a nurse and a doctor, took some tests and the doctor sent me home with cortisone for ten days. What a relief and I felt like myself again. Got energy, could take longer walks with Bentley and do some gardening. A couple of days after the medication ended, 10 days of high dose, I started to feel bad again. I felt so down and sad. The nurse and doctor looked at my blood work and the nurse contacted me with the results.

I have borrelia, lyme disease, that has gone to my joints. I got antibiotics and even this on a high dose, for then days. Now I just have to wait a couple of months to see if my joints gets better or if it is chronically bad for me. It can take some time, the doctor said and I may need cortisone while waiting. Have not even had any symptoms that those tics leave...read that in 50% of the cases here does not even get any symptoms in the beginning. Crazy.

And now over to some more fun news. In a town, nearby our cottage, there is a toy store. I visited it in May and took some photos of the toys they have there and thought that it would be fun to share with you! It is often you buy stuff (mostly on the the internet) and then you show that, do box openings and dress ups.

Luna Lovegood, from Harry Potter movies.

This store has sections of different stuff, not just toys, even if their toy section is rather large. They have home decor, a section for those interested in art, pets, car parts and candy. I usually walk to the sections with art, with stuff for the pets and then toys. They have a pretty good selection of toys, LEGO, stuffed animals and even for the small kids and babies.


I try to keep my eye on the new dolls. When I was there in May, they had many of those 'My First Barbie' dolls. These dolls are a bit larger with their 13,5 inches compared to ordinary Barbie. The store has a range of Made to Move and accessories for Barbies too - clothes and as seen on the picture above, a food truck.


L.O.L dolls in all kind of sizes and shapes are very popular over here. And expensive. The small ones called 'Hair, Hair, Hair' are really cute and I almost bought the one with the pink hair. She is just adorable. L.O.L Surprise Tweens with 15 surprises inside temped me too. Had not really planned to buy anything this time, so I nicely walked by.

A different kind of doll, called 'Unique Eyes'. Have not seen these
before, so it was interesting. Her face is cute, but somehow the hands and
the feet a rather huge for the rest of the body.


For the smaller children there are baby dolls and things to these dolls, like clothes, bicycles, strollers, shoes and beds. Skrållan, Pim and Lillan are Swedish dolls and have been around since 1966. Some of the clothes suit my Dollmore Mokashura Duyou (Noomi) and that is a good thing, because it can be expensive to order from abroad. Our Generation dolls come in a variety of colors, shapes and sizes. These dolls have lots of stuff to add to if you want to, not just clothes, shoes and accessories - even vehicles, tents, hot dog carts, picnic table and food, get ready for school supplies and so on. And if you want to read about the doll with those unique eyes, you can visit The Toy Box Philosopher! Our Generation dolls have their own homepage at Our Generation

Kenner action figures. 

Found even Bentley as a toy!

There is even a section for collectors. Star Wars, Harry Potter, My Little Ponies, Schleich and action figures. If you want to Save The Sea you can buy a stuffed fish, dolphin, octopus, turtle or sea horse to your collection. The plushies are made from plastic bottles that have been recycled and the toys are even eco-friendly! They have even names. I really loved the octopus Frans. Forest Dreamland is another version of Sylvanian Families. 




Being in a toy store is not easy. Had a plan to not shop, but I would have regretted that. Came home with Boba Fett and Baby Yoda with a butterfly. 

Enjoy the new week ahead! Stay safe! Will visit you during the week! 

6 comments:

  1. Oh dear Niina, I do hope you get better soon. We don' have those tics in Australia so we are lucky not to suffer the disease.
    That shop looks a fun place to explore, I think the 'Unique Eyes' doll are very similar to the Pullip dolls. It's always difficult to leave a store like that without purchasing something, Baby Yoda is cute.
    Big hugs,
    X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I hope I get better soon, because it has not been fun. This year has been a "tic year" as they say in the news and especially here where we have our cottage. Glad that I met a doctor who thought about lyme disease and helped me. Did not know that you do not have tics in Australia! That is great!
      The shop is a gem here. Most toy stores have closed their doors and moved their shops to the internet. I like to browse that way too, but sometimes it can be lovely to look and feel, before shopping.
      Yes, baby Yoda is so cute. Could not leave him. :)
      Big hugs!

      Delete
    2. We do have tics, just not the ones that cause that disease. One still has to be careful when walking a dog, because they cause paralysis in dogs and can kill them. So far I have never seen one in real life ~ and don't want to!

      Delete
    3. Oh, okay - thought you were lucky not to have them. Sounds awful with tics causing so much pain for dogs. We see tics daily and now, during fall, we have another small beast making walking in the forest a bit more difficult. It is called älgfluga in Swedish - moose fly.

      Delete
  2. Shasarignis- Hello, I just read your post and I am really sorry to hear about your health. I hope you'll be better. Recently I wanted to walk my rabbit outside, but I was advised against it to avoid having tics. We really have to be careful.
    Thanks for visiting the toy store. You're lucky to have this store near you. For me, toy stores are rather rare. I often have to order online.
    I understand you when you are tempted to want to buy a new toy when you are in a toy store. It's hard to resist.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Shasarignis! Thank you so much. I am feeling a bit better, even if I am still tired. We really need to be careful with tics. I did not mind them so much and I have had two dogs during my life time - when I was young nobody talked about the diseases these tics could bring.
      There is a special feeling going inside a toy store and walk around, look, feel and then pick your favorites. Good thing about ordering online, you can almost do it anytime and you can browse and compare stores.
      Enjoy October!

      Delete

Make me happy, send me a comment! Thank you!