06 October 2023

Cleo DeNile

Hope that all is fine with you! 

It is already October and in some weeks we will leave the cottage and return to civilisation. We will change the forest, boars, deer, bats, moose and lake to the city, wolfs, snow and work/study.

The well known bridge.

At the live show.

Summer memories are nice to think about and during the summer me and my hubby took a trip to a castle where they had an exhibition about "Monet & Friends". At this moment the exhibition is in Bangkok and in Kalmar, nearby our cottage. It will arrive to Perth soon! It was a marvellous opportunity to experience the impressionism in art, in the same way that we experienced Van Gogh the last time, for a couple of years ago, at the Kalmar Castle. 

Swedish royalty dresses from ages ago.

We walked through the castle too, even if we have been there several times. There is always something new to look at.

Cleo DeNile in the box with her pet Tut.

Did a quick stop at the toy store in Kalmar just to see if there was something new. My youngest daughter had brought to my attention some new Monster High dolls (she loves these dolls ever since she was a kid) from the Generation 3. I fell for Cleo DeNile instantly and started to look for her. Could find her at Amazon and other stores online, but the postage was sometimes more expensive than the doll. 

So soft and beautiful.

All her accessories.

I looked around in the toy store, not hoping for much. Saw that they had some of the Rainbow High dolls from last generation and I was not so interested in those at this time. Lifted up my head, to look at the highest shelf - where the extra dolls are, if something is sold out. Among these dolls were three Monster High dolls from G3. 




And one was Cleo DeNile. As a happy adult I made a happy dance in the aisle and made myself as long as I could. Poked with my fingers so I could get a grip of the package, went by the aisle with balls and picked one for Bentley and then right to the cashier. He was happy to take my money and I had nothing against giving him it. He talked about the doll, as he did last time when I bought Rainbow High Georgia Bloom. 

Tut!


Cleo DeNile is one of the protagonists in Monster High and she is the daughter of the Mummy and the sister of Nefera DeNile. The Generation 3 doll is more chubbier than the first version of the doll. This version is one of the 'school is back in session' and the ghouls are fashionable when they come back to the hallways. 

Being cool.

She has a royal blue dress with long sleeves and a chain belt. The boots are knee-high (love them) and she has a fringe jacket (nah, not my style) and some cute accessories. And of course she has cute pet puppy maned Tut!

I am really happy that I found Cleo DeNile and could add her to my collection. 

Enjoy October!

PS: I am feeling a bit better even if I have pain in the joints and are tired...

3 comments:

  1. Great exhibition Niina! Monet was a wonderful artist and had we made it to Paris as planned back in 2019 we would have visited his home & garden.
    I'm so pleased you are feeling a little better, maybe it was the fabulous Cleo DeNile that perked you up. :) It's amazing what a doll can do for your spirits. I adore Tut, he's so cute, I think I could buy Cleo for him alone.
    Big hugs,
    X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a very nice exhibition, we enjoyed it a lot. My husband's cousin's wife bicycled this summer to France and went to Monet's home and garden. She shared some photos, it is really beautiful there!
      I am glad too, to feel a bit better. Slowly getting better. Dolls sure can perk me up and Cleo DeNile is one of them. She is wonderful, even if I sometimes wonder about the glitter in her hair. :D Tut is really cute. Has a bit of a personality.
      Big Hugs!

      Delete
  2. A good happy dance is something we all need from time to time. :)
    Cleo is wonderful.
    And I admire the Swedish gowns.

    ReplyDelete

Make me happy, send me a comment! Thank you!