03 January 2024

Comic Con & other stuff

Can you believe that it is already 2024? Where did the last three months of the year 2023 go? We arrived safe and sound from our trip from the cottage to home. During the last week at the cottage, my youngest daughter entered a contest through Instagram and Funko Pop. She could win two tickets to Stockholm and the year 2023 Comic Con. She wrote that she would take along her mother, because she likes Funko Pop and that it would be fun for her to try out her cosplays. 


We hoped that we would win, but there was so many contestants that we thought there would be no chance at all. What a joy when they announced that she had won two tickets and for the whole weekend! We booked a room at a family house, packed our bags and left early Friday and came home late Sunday. It was so much fun and we planned full days, so we could take the best out of the weekend. Workshops, Meet and Greet, panels with celebrities, panels with how to airbrush, make cosplay clothes, how to find a way in the jungle of Star Wars and all those tiny shops selling cute stuff. And food!

Yummy bowls with rice, greens, falafel or chicken and sauce.

Bags!

If you are into Steampunk, you could find great stuff for the cosplay.

A couple of times a day the cosplayers showed their outfits.

Storm troopers from Star Wars.

It was a great weekend, but we were so tired when we got home. Have not even gone through all the photos and films I took during those days. 

Good boys!

Just some days later our friend needed to take a trip to visit his sister and help her with some car issues. He had no room in the car for his dog, because he took some new tires along. It was a long trip, so he could now make it at all. Dante, his dog, stayed with us for two days and one night. It was a blast for them and they really played all day long. And night, if they could, but we had them in separate rooms so they could sleep. 

Then it was time for the holidays! I hope that you had a marvellous Christmas and that the New Year started well. We took it easy at home. Good food, calm walks with Bentley in the snow - finally a white Christmas - and enjoyed our free time. Before Christmas I was busy with my huge essay about another Dante - Alighieri and the Divine Comedy. Made it in time and teacher was happy with my text, got an A.

Meet Martha. The pants is hers, but otherwise she is borrowing stuff.
Such a sneaky one.

Lastly, say hello to Martha. I have not had any time to share a box opening when it comes to her or her story. But here she is - my first Minifee from CP/Fairyland. More about her another day!

Enjoy January and I will visit you soon to see what you have been up to!

10 comments:

  1. How nice that you got to go to a Comic Con! I've heard that they're pretty fun. I had a very good Christmas, with lots of doll gifts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a big surprise! We had so much fun and I am looking forward to next time. When I was a bit younger than today, I often went to similar things - and came home with so much stuff!
      Glad you had a good Christmas and got doll gifts! :)

      Delete
  2. Sorry it's been so long in getting round to visiting your blog Niina, but reading has been difficult. I'm so pleased you got to go to a Comic Con and look forward to seeing more photos, it sounds like you had a ball. Love the photos of Bentley and Dante, they look happy together and I'm pleased you had a lovely White Christmas. I hope you enjoy your Martha as much as I enjoy my own Minifee, they are gorgeous dolls.
    Big hugs,
    X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No worries, sometimes other things has to take time.
      I was so happy to be able to do this trip and get a glimpse on how my younger daughter's cosplays work and even meet other people. It was fun, but I was tired when I came home.
      Bentley and Dante are best friends. They have known each other since they were puppies, just six and three months old. And then we got to experience how it can be to have two dogs! ๐Ÿ˜…
      Minifees are really gorgeous dolls, so I am happy to have one of my own now. But those magnets in some of her joints and her head can make some situations fun. Not used to getting stuff stuck on her joints like that! ๐Ÿ˜„ Big hugs!

      Delete
  3. Great that you had nice time in Comic con, Finland is going to have very first one on May. I was thinking to perhaps participate but the tickets were quite expensive and no information of the guests. Star Wars stuff would definitely be interesting to see. We'll see if it happens and I'll go with my husband.

    Lovely to see Bentley and Dante, they're so happy looking good boys. :)

    I'd love to know which sculpt is your Minifee? She looks cute! ^-^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a nice experience and I know - the tickets are rather expensive and they really can hold on those guests a long time. I know that Natalia Tena (from Harry Potter and Game of Thrones) will be here in Sweden during May's Comic Con. Even Don Rosa will come to Sweden. He is a writer and illustrator for Disney comics. Those two would be nice to 'meet'. Hope that you and your husband ๐Ÿ’• can go!
      Bentley and Dante are two good boys, and this was one of the moments they both stood still! ๐Ÿ˜…
      My Minifee is a Miwa and I am the second owner. A doll collector decided to let her dolls go and I got lucky. She had even Iplehouse dolls, wigs, clothes and stuff - but my wallet was not big enough. She had even a Minifee Chloe sculpt, but that girl went fast to another collector. Popular doll and I am still not used to the magnets! ๐Ÿ˜„

      Delete
  4. Hi Niina! Sorry, I haven't been able to keep up with your blog. Congrats on your trip to ComiCon! Looks like so much fun and such an interesting experience. Bentley looks so happy next to his friend. They're two handsome pups!
    I was wondering if Loka means something in Swedish? In Spanish, it means "crazy" (although spelled a bit different), so I find it a very interesting name.
    Hope you're doing well! Big hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello and no worries, I have been from the blogosphere a while, but I am coming back slowly.
      Thank you, it was a very lovely and interesting trip. Met so many new people with amazing cosplay outfits - and all this for three days!
      Bentley and Dante are best friends. They have know each other since Dante was 3 months and Bentley was 6 months. They have play dates and enjoy each others company.
      That was interesting with the word Loka. It is pronounced Luu-kah here and it is a place, a town, where they make sparkling water from a pure well located in just Loka. This place have a hotel, spa, nature to walk in, a lake to swim in and some go there to relax. I have been there twice. Once to just look around and enjoy the nature and the next time I was there to learn about old cooking tips. That time I made crisp bread. It was yummy.
      Big Hugs!

      Delete
  5. It's good to have been able to attend a Comic Con. Thank you for sharing (Shasarignis)

    ReplyDelete

Make me happy, send me a comment! Thank you!