03 March 2020

Box Opening: Joshua

Last week I got a number to track and I sure have been tracking. I was a bit afraid that it would be stuck in customs as my last order (Catish Reaa, Genevieve) and then I thought about the virus that is going wild. On the Swedish postoffice's homepage there is a notice that packages from and to China will not be delivered and will be staying at customs and will be there for a while. Well, Dollmore is not in China but sometimes you can not predict how the postoffice over here thinks. 

Gladly it went smoothly, even if I had to pay for it and I got my order from Dollmore - not delivered to the door as promised by the Swedish postoffice, but to an office nearby - in a week after it left Seoul. Husband, I and Bentley took a walk to the postoffice to pick it up. So much fun!

And here follows some photos! Noticed that the most photos are of his face, so I hope to take other photos later on. The weather has been foggy, rainy and cold. No one wants to be out. Hopefully some sunny days comes soon!

The big parcel on our living room table.

The beautiful box.

Got the calendar for 2020, as a gift.

Inside the box. Shoes, coat, wigs and other stuff.

Hellou, who are you?

H E L P !

Good to be free!

Joshua, as his name is, in a carrot coloured wig. 

Got a black wig as a gift. Bought the glasses.
Had some difficulties to decide if the black or the carrot coloured would be best.
Thought that it would be a little more red, the carrot one.

After some back and forward, on and off, I am going with this combo. This wig is so soft and fluffy too.

Black shirt. Ordered a white one, but Dollmore contacted me about the white shirts. The shirts had spots and asked if I was okay with a black one. I was, suits him well. Will sew a white one later on and maybe one in different colours too. 
His hands and the jacket in the suit set. Pants, shirt and tie is the set.



Love the blue eyes he has. 

Standing tall in his jumper, red shoes and slacks.
Do not mind my husbands things on the table. :)

Such a serious face.

Looking smart.
Well, this was a simple box opening. Joshua is the first boy doll I own. Will be an adventure for sure. He is and Dollmore Kid Boy Ha Seol. 

15 comments:

  1. CONGRATULATIONS! Oh he is a hansome lad Niina and I love the choice of clothes you have for him. I like both wigs on him and the specs look really great, he also has lovely eyes. Dollmore certainly has some lovely dolls. :)

    Love your updated layout, making a change every now then is fun. I know I get bored looking at my own after a little while and have to change it to keep myself interested in blogging.
    Big hugs,
    X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! He really is a handsome lad and I am happy with the clothes I got him, even if a set with jeans and cardigans were sold out. I can probably get similar later on or from another shop. Or maybe if I am brave enough sew some myself. His eyes are so beautiful, such deep blue with some light sparkles.

      Thanks, had to test something new with my layout and blogger has done some changes too - try out the new blogger they say. But then I can not make changes in codes, so that is no fun! A little change in color or style brighten up the blog and even oneself.
      Big Hugs!

      Delete
  2. Thank you so much, Linda! I am happy with him and you are probably right, more boys will follow! :) When Dollmore released a boy version (Mokashura Lucid) of my Noomi (a Mokashura Duyou), I almost made an order then. This is some years back. This boy is still on my wish list though. It is a heavy doll, even if Mokashuras are just around 40 cm and Dollmore Kids are almost 44 cm. One can certainly wonder how the Kid doll came home before the Mokashura doll. It is the size, Mokashuras are like baby dolls and there are some issues with the heavy head and the joints being hard to handle. But one day…
    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Big congratulations! He is really quite adorable and I am loving Dollmore's face up work. With the glasses he looks like Harry Potter if Harry had sandy hair instead of black! He is a lovely doll. I can see why you wanted to bring him home!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! He has a wonderful face up and a juvenile look about him. Like the softness he has. The company has a diversity of dolls and you can even wish for a custom face up, but I went with the one they had. Asked for blushing on the hands and feet, too. And yes, he looks a bit like Harry Potter. I am so happy I could bring him home. :)

      Delete
  4. What a handsome young man. I've always liked the look and quality of Dollmore dolls, they're lovely.
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Sharon. They have a lot beautiful dolls. :) Hugs!

      Delete
  5. He is so beautiful! I'm glad he arrived safe. Congratulations!
    I definitely prefer the carrot wig for him. He looks great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, I do so too - the carrot wig is best for him!

      Delete
  6. Congratulations! I love watching box openings, it's so much fun to see what is in the box. ^__^ I like his look with clothes, glasses and wig. Such a cutie boy. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Box openings are so much fun! He really suits in his glasses. Tried to take photos without the glasses and it felt like something was missing. He is really cute! <3

      Delete
  7. Hi Niina! Your boy looks very cute. Such a sweet face, I love the expression he has in some of your photos. I think I like the carrot hair more than the raven one. With the sailor-ish hoodie, he reminds me of those figurines kids have on top of their first communion cake. It's quite common in Spain, I don't know if it's like that anywhere else in the world.

    The Covid-19 situation is crazy. Here we're in mandatory lockdown, and I haven't left the house since saturday. Hope you're doing fine during this crazy times.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello! Thank you, he is really adorable! Have not heard about such figurines in communion cake, but I can understand the similarity though.
      We are at home too, have been so for a long time. Just walks with Bentley and mostly at time when no one else is out. It has been crazy for a long time now.

      Delete
  8. What a handsome young man. I like the red brown wig best on him. I look forward to reading about his adventures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Dorothy. Hope to post more about him soon!

      Delete

Make me happy, send me a comment! Thank you!