27 October 2020

So much yellow


She did arrive fast. According to the tracking information, she was planned to arrive on my door step for a week ago, on Tuesday. She arrived the week before, on Friday. I do not complain, but I sure was surprised and glad!


And she is yellow, so so yellow. And pretty! Even my husband was surprised over the bright color and that she was so well made. He did not have any high hopes for this plastic thingy, but when he saw the doll he agreed that she was a good buy and well made.


And as you can see, something happened to her bangs. Her hair is very soft and long. I did not like the bangs, all flat and stiff. After a magic wash, the bangs still gave me nightmares. So, off with the bangs. I could nicely just pull them off with tweezers. The bangs were separately rooted in her head, so her long hair was never damaged or pulled away, which is great. 



The box is beautiful, with details and nice boxes to save for the second outfit and shoes. But there was some trouble getting those outfits, shoes and doll out because of the very secure glue and tiny rubber bands. Tried to save as many as I could when it came to the rubber bands, but that was no easy task. Her jacket, with the sun and the moon in the back are just amazing. 


I took out some other dolls I had and undressed them to take a comparison picture, just for fun. First to the left we have Ariel with an Ever After High body, then it is the new girl in town followed by curvy made to move Barbie and a normal made to move Barbie. As you can see, Rainbow High dolls have a lot of joints. The head is more stiff, though. 




I am very pleased with her, even if her head just goes from side to side and that she can not look up or done, even the slightest. Her joints are lovely and she can pose nicely - but when she sits with her tight yellow jeans on...the velcro does not hold. Had to laugh there. Another thing - lost one of her earrings. I know that it is somewhere around my little home office, but I still have not found it even if I crawled like a baby on the floor. If I do not find it, I can always make her some new ones.

Hope you are enjoying the last week in October! Happy Halloween!

12 comments:

  1. She is very pretty. I love the color yellow on her. I like how you changed her hair. It gives her a softer look. I hope you find the earring.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! She is a sunny spot on my desk at the moment. I like her like this too, her face is more visible. They could have made the bangs a bit longer on the sides and more softer, that would have worked better.
      And guess what! I found the earring today. So happy about that! :)

      Delete
  2. I actually love the yellow hair on her coupled with her gorgeous skin tone and those lovely eyes. The whole combination just really works and makes her look stunning. She reminds me a bit of those Bratz dolls come to think of it but with a gentler, more appealing face. Congrats on her arrival!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! She really is beautiful and her eyes with those 'real' lashes pop out. I noticed, though, that in some photos her forehead looks a tiny bit greenish, almost like a bruise. Her skin is a bit glittery too, but these things do not bother me.
      Yes, there is some similarities with the Bratz doll, but as you say - Rainbow High dolls have a more gentler face. the first Bratz dolls had a more softer face too, but it changed after a while. My two girls really like the first Bratz dolls and have some in their collection.

      Delete
  3. You were right to bring this little girl home Niina, she really is quite spectacular. Love her pretty face and her colouring . . . skin tone and clothing are both spot on!

    Congratulations and enjoy!
    Big hugs,
    X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Soft tan and pastel yellow really work. She is a pretty girl. Still amazed over how soft her hair is. :D
      Big hugs!

      Delete
  4. She is lovely! I honestly loved her outfit, she looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just love what you did with her hair! I really didn't like the original hairstyle. But now - she's just wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! The space buns and fringe were too much for me! Nicer this way! :)

      Delete
  6. Yes, she arrived very fast! She is very pretty and bright in her yellow hair and outfits! The clothes are well made with nice details - love the jacket! I am very pleased with her!

    ReplyDelete
  7. There is so much to love with this doll! Yellow sure is a happy color! :)

    ReplyDelete

Make me happy, send me a comment! Thank you!