02 June 2021

Back to normal, almost

Well. You have a plan, but then something happens and there you are wondering about it. At the moment I am not so surprised. I am just accepting that this is what we are doing right now, okay then.

Genevieve with a Narsha body, had to try after seeing it on Instagram.

Had some plans to blog about it, but that did not happen.
Body suits well, but as seen Narsha body is rather yellowed. 

I knew that April would be a bit rough with four exams, two of them being big ones about vampires. Most of my time went to reading both old and new literature about vampires and watching series like The Vampire Diaries and Twilight. It was a lovely course and it all went well, grades are in. 

May was a month I thought I would have more time for dolls and other hobbies, because I just had two smaller exams to write about Nordic Noir and The Uncanny. But then everything changed. My husband got vaccinated and some weeks later it was my turn. It was a great feeling to get the first vaccine and we were glad about that. Some weeks after my hubby’s vaccination, he started to feel a bit eerie. And so did I and our oldest daughter. Youngest daughter lives at her school, so she was safe during this time. She came to visit us just a day before we got our results but stayed in the extra room we have on the first floor and travelled back to school when her test came back negative for covid-19. I am so happy that she did not get it.

Ordered a Mini Sindy from Etsy. Had plans to blog about it.
Another post that did not happen.

We had been very cautious after the vaccination and still followed the recommendations and rules, to be safe and keep others safe. To be sure we took a covid-19 test and got a positive result. Nothing we wanted but what is there to do. The Swedish health authority called us on the phone, to ask ”how, where, when, who…” and giving us some tips and guidelines for after the covid-19.

Butterfly in March. It was something special, but odd. We had some warm
days during that month, so no wonder really.

Our little furbaby Bentley. He is two years now and still wild and playful.

So, we have had covid-19 in our family. We know how it entered - through a colleague at my husbands work. He sent us a message, saying he was sorry and hoped that we all got well soon. For almost three weeks, even with the vaccination, I was totally down. Had trouble breathing, eating and moving - just to mention some symptoms. 

Today I am okay. Have some difficulties to walk and breathe. The dry summer weather does not make it better, because my lungs need more humidity at the moment. Those rainy days are welcome, but I think I have to wait for it.

If you have any questions, please do ask! And the photos are just there for joy, sharing some happy moments from the months that has passed. I hope you are doing well!

12 comments:

  1. Hi Niina! Sorry that you got Covid, but glad to hear that you are recovering. I am surprised to read that you had such severe symptoms after the first dose. Who knows, maybe you would have felt worse without it. Luckily, you and your family have recovered and nothing tragic happened. I'm really looking forward to get my vaccine, but that won't happen until August at least.

    It sounds that you really enjoyed your studies, and I'm happy to hear that you got good grades. when I was in college, I just wanted it to be over, and now that it's over, I'm doing short courses left and right. I guess that I missed it!

    Hope you recover soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello and thank you! I think that my diabetes has something to do with my severe symptoms, even after a first dose. I think that it would have been harder for me without any vaccine at all. My daughter said that she read about the statistics when it come to covid-19 and diabetes, and it was not looking good. So, I think I had luck taking the first dose. I am just glad to be back on my two feet again! Will take it easy, took my first longer walk with Bentley today. My lungs protested a bit, but I need to work them back to shape! :)

      I really enjoyed my courses and even if I look forward to sending in the last exams, I will be missing the discussions and books. But my brain need to relax during summer. Courses are really fun!

      Delete
  2. Oh dear Niina, how ingredibly unlucky you have been to catch it. I do hope you recover completely and dont have any long term effects from it. You make sure you don't overdo those long walks with Bentley nd look after yourself and your family.
    Big hugs,
    X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, it really felt like a bad misfortune after all the precautions we have taken. We feel much better now, thankfully, even if there is a bit more left. We are still tired and I that my lungs are not the same afterwards. The low blood oxygen was the worst. I always have company with me on the walks now, just in case. And I rest a lot. It is needed. And yesterday was the first day in long time I ate properly! It felt good. And it tasted too! :)
      Big Hugs! <3

      Delete
  3. Hello Linda! I promise to be careful and take good care. I have been listening to my body, and it needs a lot of water and rest.
    Mini Sindy was too cute to not order. I just went for it. She is so small, can be a doll for my larger dolls. :)
    And Bentley, so much energy for such a fluffy boy. So cute, I could not agree more, thanks!
    Big hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sorry to read this has affected you and that you ended up with covid. Hopefully even just having that first vaccination jab helped lessen the symptoms a little although it sounds like you've had a really rough time of it. Happy to hear that you are recovering. Take things slow and easy.

    Glad to hear your exams went well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, it has been an experience that I would have gladly been without. I think that the vaccination did some good and did lessen the symptoms. I had plans, because of the side effects, to take the vaccination after my exams now in June. I am glad that my hubby said that I should not wait and just take the first and best appointment when the hospital opened for the risk group I am in. Blessing in disguise. I am feeling better but still listening to to every sign and taking it from there.

      I am glad too, that the exams went well. Sent in the last one today. Summer vacation and more time for dolls, I hope!

      Delete
  5. Thank you Crystal! I think that the vaccine helped a bit and I can be glad about that. I am happy that you did not get any side effects.

    It was great courses and I have been enjoying them. Learned a lot. Now I will relax during the summer. Well needed. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so sorry to read that you was ill. I had covid in April too and it wasn't easy too...
    I wish you health, that's the only thing that matters now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, and sorry to hear that you were ill too! Covid-19 can really be a nightmare. I am gladly doing better and I hope that you are too!

      Delete
  7. It is a very cute doll. Thank you to share with us. 😊

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, glad you like her! :) And welcome to my blog!

      Delete

Make me happy, send me a comment! Thank you!