07 May 2023

Genevieve at the cottage

It is May. I do not know where the months between my last post and this one went. I know that I have been busy with my studies and something new, genealogy. Yes, I have been deep into the study of families, family history, and the tracing of my lineages. I am just in the beginning when it comes to my relatives on my mother's side. On my father's side I do have a whole book, with relatives and lineages to 18th century. On my husband's side, my mother in law wrote down everything and I have those papers in a folder. It is very interesting, but time consuming. 

I hope you are doing well. At the moment I am at our cottage. We drove here for a couple of days ago, a month later than planned because I had studies, husband had work and the kids took a trip to the northern parts of Sweden to visit a friend. They stayed there for a while and had fun seeing northern lights, reindeers, lots of snow and taking trips with a snowmobile. 


Today I took Genevieve out of her box and took some photos. It has been rather cold, even here in the southern parts of our long country. But today it was really sunny and warm. Have not really had so many of my dolls out and about for a long time. 



I took her original clothes on too and put her head on a Judith Girl Doll body that has some supporting metal 'sticks' together with the strings for better posing. Genevieve's original body is the same body as Judith Girl Doll, but with different hands and heel feet, and does not have the metal bendable 'sticks' for good posing. She really can stand by herself, even if she is heavy, and she can hold her poses without snapping.




It was really nice to just walk in the forest and pose her and listen to the birds and the wind. I have missed that and hope to be able to do so more often. It has been even fun to play with the smart phone and the possibilities that a 'thingy' like that have, when it comes to taking photos. 




The nature is slowly waking up and I hope that the lake will soon be nice enough to take a swim in. Bentley has already been in the water, he can not resist it. I think it will take some weeks before I even try the water. Enjoy May!

****

I took some photos of the metal 'sticks' too. It is called something, but I can not remember it at the moment. But if you know - tell me!


11 comments:

  1. Tracing your family line sounds like an interesting job. I bet you will discover a lot of new things during the journey of discovery!

    Genevieve looks wonderful in your photos. It's nice to see her on your blog again. And your cottage sounds like a great place to visit. You have such a nice environment around there. Perfect for photos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it really is interesting. Mostly I am after all the names and who they have been married to. There is even possibilities to look for their work, their family houses (addresses mostly) and other stuff. Need to sift what to look for. One search with the help of the church or magistrate costs like a BJD, a Resinsoul Bei.

      Thank you! It was lovely to take her out of her box and give her some love. Put on her ordinary clothes too. Well, not the shoes. She can stand with the high heels on, but did not want to risk anything. The forest around here is magical, in many ways. Agree that it is perfect for photos.

      Delete
  2. Oh it's so nice to see you post again Niina, I've missed you. Genevieve always looks beautiful and I agree with Linda she does pose well. I have no idea about her joints, I've never seen any like that before.
    Family history is always interesting, you never know what's been hiding in the closet. LOL! I hope you are enjoying it even though it's time consuming.
    Thanks for dropping by my blog, enjoy your time at the cottage and have fun with Bentley.
    Big hugs,
    X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have been missing posting and you too, need to visit some more blogs and posts, have some catching up to do. :) I know that it is rather new with the joints for some of the larger dolls at Dollmore. What ever it is called, it really works and helps with the posing and standing.
      Yes, indeed, family history is interesting and you never really know what is hiding in the closet. :D So far nothing odd. I am enjoying it and take some time now and then to just dig deeper and wider.
      Big Hugs!

      Delete
  3. Hi Niina! Welcome back! We've missed you around here! Genevieve is so gorgeous and your photos look fabulous. I love all the poses and the composition of the photos. The one where she's laying down with all the surrounding moss is stunning! It's great that you have this cottage with such beautiful surroundings around it to take dolly photos. And, of course, for Bentley to run around.
    Hope you're doing well. Enjoy your time in the cottage!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It is nice to be missed. :) It is lovely to be here again and I am doing well. Genevieve is really photogenic and my family loved the same photo as you did! :) My favorite is the last one (before the legs and arms). That is how I see her, fierce with and piercing look. LOL.
      The surroundings here are amazing. Some workers are planting new trees and cleaning up after the storms during winter time. For Bentley it is interesting. Enjoy May!

      Delete
  4. Thank you, Genevieve is a photogenic girl and with the bendable thingies, she can hold her pose well. Remember when I bought the body from Dollmore, that it was new on the Judith Girl Body. I have the same body on my Narsha doll Basic Zihu (Èsme) head and without the thingies. She is a bit floppy.

    It takes time to gather the information and at the moment I even need to sift what I want to know. I can always go back and search again, but the comes the costs on that. On my father's side all is done by a genealogy organisation, so I just paid for the book and a little monthly fee for membership.

    It is so nice to be back at the cottage again and the weather has been amazing. Warm and sunny!

    ReplyDelete
  5. She's gorgeous and poses really well! I've never seen joints like that, but then again, I haven't been that into the hobby as of late. She's lovely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! She is my favourite, one of those grail dolls. :) Could not be more happy to have her.

      Delete
  6. Nice to see your photos! Genevieve looks so charming in the forest and this light.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! The light here can be rather amazing from time to time. And it is so green in the nature too. And Genevieve is so photogenic. :)

      Delete

Make me happy, send me a comment! Thank you!