20 April 2019

Hoppy Easter!

Well, it has been a while and I hope that you are doing well. I am just fine, even if I have been a bit tired and have had pains in my joints. But Spring is here and the sun is shining, so I cannot be down!

At the moment we are at our cottage, enjoying our time and I thought I could blog from my phone. A year ago, during Easter, we had a lot of snow but this year there is no snow at all. At most we have had around +35 degrees celsius during the day and below zero during the nights. Blue skies, flowers, butterflies, birds, baby squirrels and other cute animals fill the forest and nearby places. I have been walking in the forest and even dipped into the lake the other day. This is not so normal for April, because it usually is colder and even snow at some places. Earth is getting hotter and that is no good thing.

During the evenings I have been listening to audio books and sewing, painting and making an new doll out of my monster high doll Howleen Wolf. She is now a blind rabbit. I tried to paint her with acrylics and it turned out rather ok for being my first try, but I still did not like the results. After watching some tutorials and repaints on YouTube, I went all in and made her new from scratch. Mask, clothes, shoes, details and ears. Put her wolf ears to the side on her head, covered her (messy) face with a mask made in clay (fimo) and decorated her shoes with fabrics and fluffy yarn. 

I sketched a outline for the mask and cut out a piece in the same shape from the clay. I put the dolls head in aluminium foil and shaped the clay around it. In the oven for about 8 minutes, then out and take the head from the foil and put the foil and mask back again for 2 minutes. Then, after all parts cooled, it was time to glue the mask on. I did this after making her hair and glueing some fluffy fabric on her head and the yarn wefths. 

And here she is. Her name is Asta and her dæmon is a bunny (a gift from Alasse, thank you) named Pavel. Enjoy the photos and Happy Easter.













10 comments:

  1. What a great idea to do the mask like that to cover the painting that you weren't happy with. I think you've done a good job with redoing her, she looks very good...and so does her little dæmon bunny! Well done and enjoy your time at the cottage, it sounds lovely. Happy Easter Niina xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Sharon! The 'older' the vinyl gets the messier the face up is. Haha, well - took her to try on with the acrylics, but that is not my thing. She turned out well and I got some support in my making from my daughters too. And hubby bought some FIMO clay, so we all pitched in! :)
      It is so lovely here at the cottage, we all needed a break and some lazy days! Enjoy Easter!

      Delete
  2. Well it's about time Nina! I thought you had run away into the real world. LOL!

    Love what you have done with this doll, everything is absolutely perfect and the photos taken in the woods are just wonderful . . . it's a gorgeous setting!

    It's obvious that the cottage is an inspirational place to be. :)
    Big hugs,
    X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I almost did do that - run to the real world, but it was no fun there so I run back! It took a while! :D
      Thank you, I am very happy with the results and it feels like you can almost do anything with these dolls. Got some inspiration from other artists and the nature here at our cottage is so calming, inspiring and a great place to be.
      Hugs! <3

      Delete
  3. She has interesting story, I like how you covered the painting with the mask. :) It's a good idea. Does her little daemon bunny guide her around? ^-^ They're both so cute, I like the shoes and the outfit. Good work.

    I've seen some butterflies too, even few days earlier than same time last year. Global warming is something not to take in lightly even if I do love to see butterflies around. :/ I agree, it's not good thing. We haven't had it as hot as you but there's still been warm, near 20 celcius in some places.

    It sounds really nice to relax and listening audiobooks and do art stuff. <3 Happy Easter. ^-^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :) And yes, the dæmon is her eyes and leads her around. In the beginning I thought I could give her another companion, but these two just work so nice together, as both are bunnies.

      Have seen so many butterflies these days, mostly those bright yellow ones. And today I even saw a tiny lizard running in our garden. They usually do not come out before May, so it must be rather warm for them too. I have enjoyed the days here at the cottage, but it is a bit worrisome with the warm days so early in the Spring.

      Yes, it is very calming to listen to audiobooks and do art stuff. I have my hands free and can use them to other stuff!

      Enjoy Easter! <3

      Delete
  4. Hope you are having a good Easter! I am enjoying the public holidays (no work!).

    Wow this girl looks great. I love what you ended up doing with that mask and I really like how the entire doll turned out. She certainly does look like a bunny. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay for public holidays! We are enjoying our Easter vacation, even if it is soon over - back home tomorrow.

      Thank you so much, I'm glad you like her. I do like her myself. :) Hope to make more repaints like this in the future.

      Delete
  5. I hope you had a great Easter. :)
    Your lady looks amazing and mysterious. As much as rabbit can be. :) Love your project. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, I'm glad you like her.
      Easter was warm and lovely. Now I look forward to the summer vacation at the cottage,but that is some months ahead.

      Delete

Make me happy, send me a comment! Thank you!