21 August 2019

And suddenly it happens...

I find my way back to the blog. Since last time it has been some intense months, but we are okay. I have taken some photos during my free and lazy days. So enjoy.


So here is Zipporah, in the early days at the cottage, enjoying the sun. Even if it was sunny, it was not so warm at all. 


There are a lot of mossy rocks, small and very large, around the cottage. Played a little bit. Had to balance Esmé a bit, so she would not just tip over in any direction.


Zipporah and Esmé


Here we have Mai. Her features make her perfect as a little elf in these woods we have around the cottage. 


Someone is curious about Mai. Who could that be? A tiny polar bear?


Some pretty girls talking about pine cones and other strange things in the woods.


Say hello to Bella, a gift from my daughters. There were a sale at the local toy store in the town where my mother-in-law lived. The store is closing, so the girls wanted to buy something for me. This one is so cute, compared to the one I bought. Smile and lips are better. Hair is so soft and so many fun props too. 


This is my daughter. She graduated in early June, we are so so so proud of her. It was a very hot day and I felt like I was melting away and getting a tan at the same time. And it was so crowded in the city with all the students and their parents, relatives, friends and some curious ones too. It was a lovely day!


In the beginning of August we had a friend from Portugal visiting us. She is our daughters' friend and she, as I and my oldest daughter enjoy art. At that time there was a exhibition at the castle in Kalmar so we drove there. This is "Starry Night" by Vincent van Gogh. All his work and sayings were displayed as moving art and I was so mesmerized. One show is about 40 minutes and I could stand there forever. We all enjoyed it a lot, while hubby looked after our new family member.


Let me introduce to you our furbaby Bentley, a Golden Retriever puppy born on 16th April. This is him on the first day at our home. During dinner, he fell asleep. He was 8 weeks when we picked him up from the breeders and he is the smallest one in the litter. 


One of the first times on a walk in a leash. It was fun to run in the soft grass. He still enjoys the softness of grass and moss.


The roadtrip home and to the cottage went well. He really likes to go on a roadtrip and look out. So much to see. He has his own place and his own belt, so that he can travel safe. It is a jungle out there with the stuff you need for a dog, so we have been so glad for the people in the shops helping us and even the breeders. I have had a dog before, so have my husband, but it was so different back then.


Someone is sulking. He could not chew on me or come up into the bed, because it was time to go for a walk. He likes the walks as long as there is a ball along. Have been kicking and throwing balls, so the first days I felt in my arms and legs. Pinecones and pebbles work too as something to run after. We have been working with him a lot with this - running, coming back, retrieving and after that he sleeps like a baby. The circus tricks (as they call it here - sit, lay, paw, wait...) he have already learned. 


By the lake. He climbs up to every rock and the higher, the better.


The first visit at the vet as our doggy. He did well, even if he did not like the treat the doctor gave him. Talking about being picky! Otherwise he is happy to eat, so we give him his food during the day, in portions instead of all at once and then take it away after a while. Much easier to give him smaller portions during the day. Then we can control his health better too.


This is him today. He is still a puppy, easily forgotten because he is so big. My last dog was this size when he was an adult. So I am a bit confused. In a good way.

Hope that you are doing well. Will visit your blog soon! Any doll news? I have some, but more about that next time. 

10 comments:

  1. That's a handsome puppy! On the pic he's asleep, for a second I thought he was a bunny.
    I don't have many doll news. I'm just focusing on making new backgrounds and taking pics of my dolls to keep my Instagram active during the school year. I often "disappear" for a couple of months and then I come back in mid January.
    I'm glad to see you're doing great. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! He sure could have passed as a bunny in his early weeks. :) Today with his huge paws and fluffy face, he's almost as a polar bear!
      Well, any kind of doll news are news! I should work more on my backgrounds, because the indoor season is heading this way with cold and snow.
      Sometimes life just takes over and stuff happen. But gladly the dolls wait with patience. :)
      Enjoy your week!

      Delete
  2. Lots of great photos here. I enjoyed seeing your new furbaby. I love the photo of him asleep during dinner! That's so cute. He looks like he's grown so much since you got him. Can't believe it was only a few months ago! He has a gorgeous looking coat.

    Congratulations to your daughter on her graduation! And that exhibition looks like it was great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and yes, he has grown a lot. It feels like he is growing a bit every night. Golden Retrievers grow a lot during their 6 first months and after that they start to develop. When they are around 2 years, they are fully grown. The paws indicate how big he is going to be. Huge is my conclusion! :) His coat is in the cream/golden color - a lot of brushing and well balanced food is the key!

      She says thank you! :)

      Delete
  3. What a gorgeous and handsome boy you have there Niina, I love him!! We used to have a Labrador Retriever and she was one quarter Golden Retriever, such great dogs, but yes can get a bit sulky if they don't get their own way, which we found so amusing. I hope you will share lots of photos of him as he grows up. I love his name too, Bentley, a fine name for a dog :)
    Your Narsha is so pretty, I love the tan girls. And the photo of your daughter is great, what are all the things hanging on her, is there a story behind those? Well done and congratulations to her and to her proud parents :)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sharon! He is a joy to us all and he has his own personality. Likes to watch cars, eat cucumber and playfully hunt you. Bentley is the name the breeders gave him and we just loved it. Tiny dog (not so much now) and a big name (those big cars). We could have given him a new name but it felt a bit wrong. And he listen to that name since he was born. We had a name in mind, but when we saw him the first time, he was a Bentley.

      I was so happy when Dollmore released the tan Narsha. I had waited so long, just hoping. I just made an order almost the same day she was released.

      Those things hanging on her are gifts from them (us, friends and so on) who wants to celebrate her. It is a tradition here. You can hang teddies, flowers, balloons, flags…anything you want. Some even hang small bottles of champagne. Then the classmates write beautiful things on paper plates and hang these on too. And she send her thank you to you! :)
      Hugs!

      Delete
  4. Hi Niina, so pleased to see you posting again, I missed you. Your photos of Zipporah and Esmé in the woods are lovely. Everytime I see your Zipporah I get tempted to purchase her. I already have Zihu, as you know.

    Congratulations to your very pretty daughter! Looks like she is having fun there with all her bits'n'bobs hanging around her neck. :)

    Bentley is one fine and handsome furbaby, or perhaps I should say furchild as he seems to be growing up so quickly. It's good to see he's taken to his training so well, and in regard to stuff you need for a dog, I know that only too well . . . and believe me it never ends, you think kids are bad enough, but these dogs can take control of your wallet before you know it! LOL!
    Big hugs,
    X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello and I am happy to post again! Need to keep it going, if so just some great photos for you to watch. Thank you, Zipporah is a beauty and I think there is some left of the limited edition. Even a boy, he is cute. And Zihu is very special.

      She sends you her thank you’s. It was a happy day and she had so much fun from early morning to late evening - with friends, with classmates and with us as a family.

      Oh, yes, Bentley grows fast, we can almost see it. I had no trouble carrying him in the early days but now i would break something just trying. I leave it for the kids to do. They still can carry him. I go down to his level and then I stay there. :) Getting up from the floor is like a workout session. Lol! I am glad that he at the moment has the things he need. A lot of food is needed and we are slowly going over to homemade dog food. Need to be careful with his stomach. So far, so good. He really enjoys the homemade food.

      Big Hugs!

      Delete
  5. So good to see you back. :)
    Dolly photos are so nice. I love walking in the forest. And they seem to love it too.
    Your new family member is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, good to be back! A walk in the forest is good for ones soul. We all enjoy it, dog, dollies and me! :)

      Delete

Make me happy, send me a comment! Thank you!