13 October 2019

A body for Esmé and a broken arm


Hope that all is fine with you!

Well, let us start with some bad news. I have a broken left upper arm. Or as the doctor said, I have a spiral fracture humeral diaphyseal and some other beautiful medical words for some fractures in the  tubercle. About 10 days ago, I was on a walk with Bentley and suddenly I fell from a almost standing still position, as a timber, and hit the asfalt. Do not know if I was unconscious after hitting my head, but my first thought was that I must have a damaged face. But gladly no, my face is ok and so are my glasses. but my upper arm is a sad story. The X-rays are not pretty at all, in any direction. It was so close that surgery was needed. I was on a check up and the doctor said that the X-rays are showing good results and he is happy about my healing so far. First week I had plaster and the arm in 90 degree angle. Now I have an orthosis just on the upper arm and free motion in the rest of the arm. 


I am so proud of Bentley and his support. He lead me home and stayed by my side the whole time - calm, supportive and looking after me. 


And then to the good news.

Since the day when I suddenly decided to do the thing that I had said to myself to never do, I have been struggling with a body.



For a very long while ago I got a Narsha Zihu head, because I just wanted to have one. Had some plans to have that head on Esther’s body and then make a new one to Esther - but no, that is not for me because of my carpal tunnel syndrome. I did give it a try and had a blast during those moments, but I never got the hang of it. I may try it again, in the future. One should never give up.



So, long story made short. I got in touch with Dollmore and asked if they could give me some tips of what body could suit for a Narsha Zihu head and got a fast answer. Sadly they do not sell Narsha bodies, so I had to let that go. Thought about it for some seconds and then made an order. 





The body arrived very fast, but because I was at the cottage and not at home I had to wait until my hubby drove to us during a weekend. With joy, after dinner, I opened the box and put Esmé’s head on it. Perfect. 

I made her a wig and sew an simple outfit for her, so she would not freeze. Her boobs, though, give me some extra challenge. Her joints are so different and she is stringed well and has some light wire too, for great posing. She stands well and I am happy with the body. No floating heads! Esmé has her own body and so does Esther.

12 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear about your arm. What an unfortunate accident. But I'm glad to hear your arm is healing. Take care!
    Your lady looks really great now. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I had some luck during my unfortunate accident and I am happy about that! Thank you, she really looks great now - my dollie!

      Delete
  2. Oh dear I am so sorry to hear that you broke your arm Niina, but it can happen so easily to us older girls. I hope you are well on your way to new again!

    I love the colours of the wig it looks great, but boy those boobs look huge!
    Big hugs,
    X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In a blink of the eye, or something like that, said the doctor. And then the nurse said that the season has started! Slip, slide and broken bones. It is frustrating with the immobilization but I am healing well. Glad about that! :) And glad that I did not need to go through a surgery. Somethings to be grateful about!

      Haha, the boobs are huge, but in the same size as normal Smart dolls ( https://shop.smartdoll.jp/ ) so, there is some clothes to shop, if I want to. These boobs will learn me to sew too....for something else than flat chested dollies. :D

      Hugs!

      Delete
  3. I'm so sorry about your arm. I hope you recover soon and you don't get any complications.
    Maybe it's because I'm used to flat chested Barbies but... those boobs look quite big! Although I've seen some other dolls with bigger ones that don't look realistic at all. Anyway, I'm happy you found a new body for your doll.
    Get well soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, it has been a real rough two week journey with this and so far it looks good with the arm. More news on Friday on my next check up.
      Haha, those boobs look huge and even if I am happy with the body and how it matches in skin color and all, it is a challenge with patterns and clothes. But who does not love a challenge! :D

      Delete
  4. Bentley is such a goood boyyee! Also what a great body choice for your girl :3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He really is! <3 And thank you, I am so happy with the body for Esmé!

      Delete
  5. Bentley is such a good boy. I hope are resting up and taking things easy. Be careful of that arm now for a little longer. I'm just glad you got home safe at least!

    Congratulations on the body. Her head looks great on it. She has such beautiful features. I also love the aesthetic of that body. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He really is a good boy. He usually are a wild puppy, but during the walk home he was totally calm. And at home afterwards, even today, he checks up on me if I am in pain and complain a bit. We are all glad that I came home and that the healing are going well. I am taking it very easy, rest a lot and do the exercises the doctor said I can do.

      Thank you, I am so pleased with the body. So perfect!

      Delete
  6. I'm so sorry to hear about your fall and your broken arm, I hope you're not in any pain and are on the mend. Bentley is such a good boy though, staying with you...typical loyalty from this breed I think.
    Good news though on the body for your Narsha head, I'd never have thought of this head on such a mature body but it does seem to work. I hate floating heads, which is surprising as I have one here at the moment, hopefully only days away from getting her body and another on pre-order, so hopefully soon the head and the body will arrive and I'll be back to just full dolls again. I have lots of 'hybrid' ideas but thankfully I've kept them just as ideas!!!
    Keep healing and don't over do it with that broken arm
    Big hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, it gets better, slowly, but at times it can be really frustrating. I am so used to use two hands during my daily tasks and just having one that works normally is hard. Doctor said that I am not allowed to do anything with the broken arm, just the simple exercises for the hand to keep the swelling down.
      I never thought that a Narsha head would work on a mature body, but it does. I was at first looking for a smaller and younger body, in the 26-30 cm range, but did not find a body that would work. I was afraid that the head would be too large. Some hybrids may work, so do not throw away any ideas. :)
      Big hugs!

      Delete

Make me happy, send me a comment! Thank you!