05 November 2019

Genevieve


In late October 2018 Dollmore released another Catish Girl Doll, a Klasse Cancan Dark Eyes Reaa, limited edition of 10 dolls. I have had my eyes on a Catish Doll for a while, but have been unsure when it comes to the size and prize. They had a version with brown hair and eyes earlier, but this one just disappeared in seconds. Then I had my eyes on a beauty with an orange wig and life like eyes, but I did not really feel the connection all the way. So, I put her on pause on my doll list. She is limited to 20 and there is still some left, so if I change my mind there will be a chance for me to get her.


When Catish Girl Doll - Klasse Cancan Dark Eyes Reaa, even called Red Rose Reaa, was released I talked with my family and said that this is chance that I can not just let go. Asked Dollmore for a layaway and it was more than okay. Picked six months and after that a two month wait while she was put together and shipped to me. Got her just in time for our time at the cottage. Ordered some shoes and a bag for larger dolls too. Great to have during transports between home and cottage, home and the places where I usually photograph my dolls.


She arrived fully assembled with a head in normal skin and ears, a body, heel feet, vampire hands, glass eyes, wig, clothes and I ordered a extra pair of flat feet. She has a cancan dress, in a strong dark red color with golden and black details and some other decorations. I am not so fond of the dress because of the long tail, but the upper part works nice and are beautifully detailed. Her high heel shoes, glass eyes and brown wig are amazing. She stands well on her own and posing are good.


She is 44,5 cm tall, a bit over 17 inches. Her body is double jointed and her boobs give me some trouble dressing her. Her clothes size is compatible with MSD but her upper body is almost as a Smart doll in size. Circumference of her chest is 19.8cm (more than 7 inch). Normal wigs work in the size 7-8 inches, if I make holes for the ears. The ears are not removable, so it can be tricky and you need to make some custom work for the ears to use a wig not made for Catish doll. 


Well, enough with the details. What about my personal thoughts? She is perfect. I am very pleased with her and the wait for 8 months was worth it! During summer 2019, she was my eye candy, and still is. Sometimes I just need to let the thought and feeling sink in, that she is mine. Almost pinch myself.


Well, at last, her name is Genevieve. The French origin means ”tribe woman”. The name has its origin in the the Germanic medieval name Genovefa or Kenowefa. Her name is inspired from the medieval saint Genevieve, patroness of Paris. This patroness defended the city against Attila the Hun through her rational thinking, courage and prayer.

16 comments:

  1. Very intresting doll. I can see why do you like her so much. :)
    I love the shoes and the dress. And it fits her perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, the shoes are just perfect and in a way the dress are too.

      Delete
  2. She's a beautiful doll! This isn't the type of doll that I collect, but I do really enjoy reading and looking at photos of all different kinds of dolls. Your photos are great, I love the third one, it's just beautiful. I'm glad that you're happy with your new doll.

    Take care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so very much! My hubby would agree with you, he told me "why should a cat have a human body?" :) I am glad that this hobby has a broad variety of dolls and there is always something for everyone! Glad you enjoyed the photos and post!

      Delete
    2. I do like the fact that she's a cat. I used to collect Monster High dolls, which basically were antrophomorphic monsters, like werecats. I'm not really into the BJD world, but I do find them beautiful.

      Delete
    3. I do too, it makes her a special doll, just being a cat. :) I have some Monster High dolls, mostly for repaints and face ups, they are perfect for that! There are many beautiful dolls and I enjoy scrolling around the net, just to look and learn.

      Delete
  3. Well, well, well, wasn't she worth the wait Niina?? She is stunning and her dress is adorable. I can certainly see why you are still pinching yourself, her eyes and face up are just gorgeous. I love it when a doll meets or betters ones expectations, it makes me feel extremely happy, even if the doll isn't mine.

    Congratulations on bringing her home and big hugs,
    X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, she was! :) It is a feeling of being mesmerized, in a way! And thank you, she really is beautiful. I was a little bit worried about the eyes, having seen some other photos of the doll. She looked a bit scared in those photos, but thought that if that is the case I can always change the eyes. But she looks much better in real life.
      Big hugs!

      Delete
  4. Oh she looks wonderful! I particularly love her catlike features. I also love how you styled her and her name and the origins behind it is quite interesting. A long wait but it looks like she was worth it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! She is really worth the wait and even if it felt like ages before she arrived, it was a great wait. Something to look forward to. Had some thoughts about her name, but Genevieve just stayed longest on the list. It suits her. :)

      Delete
  5. She does look lovely Niina, I do think that Dollmore dolls are very good quality,and she looks to be very nicely put together too. I like her feline face and her outfit looks very detailed. It's a shame that you have to adapt wigs to fit her ears but it's a small price to pay if you buy the wigs especially for her, at least she won't have to share!
    I'm so happy for you that you were able to get one of your 'grail' dolls, and that you are as happy with her as you should be.
    Big hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sharon! I like her feline face too, not too much or too little of the cat features. Just "lagom" as we say in Sweden, just right that is. It is a little tricky with the ears, a pair with magnets would have been better. But it is a small job to alter a wig - but I have to be sure, before doing it.
      And yes, I am happy with her. :) Big hugs!

      Delete
  6. She is stunning!! I love the outfit as well, honestly!
    I always eyed the Dearmine girls for the same reason!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Musume!
      Agree with you, Dearmine girls do have something special about them!

      Delete
  7. She is just beautiful! I'm glad she is in your doll family now!

    ReplyDelete

Make me happy, send me a comment! Thank you!