20 July 2021

Too much blue?

Sindy, all blue.

It was an ordinary calm day and I felt that my energy levels were a bit higher than usual. I was staring at my one and only Sindy doll and felt that her hair was a bit thin. Her scalp was visible and it started to bother me. Before I knew it she had blue hair, a blue skirt and a blue crocheted top. 

Indoors, with a painting by me.
There was a tutorial for easy paintings on Pinterest.
The top is made with a little help from Octopudding.

And guess what? She even got a new face up. Gave her deeper colors. I rerooted her with embroidery yarn with the knot method. It felt at the beginning as the most simplest way to do this. After a couple of days, I was done and had sore fingers. Made her a simple skirt and made a top for her too, all in blue. When I was young I really loved the color blue.

"Hey, what is this?"

Not amused.

Took some photos outdoors, but all did not turn out well. At one point I needed my both hands, so I put Sindy nearby Bentley. He was not so amused, but I was thankful. He got his favorite treat afterwards. 

Hope that you are doing well. It has been a summer hot wave over here. It is thankfully cooler now. We have not gotten any rain for several weeks. Have been following the news about the high water levels and floods in Europe. It is awful and sad. Stay safe!

7 comments:

  1. Hi Niina!
    Your Sindy's hair looks fabulous! I never would have thought of using embroidery thread for rerooting, it turned out really well. I know how using the knot system hurts the fingers, it's not very pleasant at all.
    Love seeing Bentley again, he's a beautiful dog and has grown so much.
    Big hugs,
    X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello! Thank you and yes, embroidery thread works very well för rerooting. I tried with other yarns and even thought about doing a wig from wefts. I can brush or comb it without any problems and the knots inside the head holds well. And if I want to change, I can just pull the threads out.
      Bentleys is a big boy, my daughters friend called him a polar bear the other day. :)
      Big hugs!

      Delete
  2. I love this! The blend of different shades of blue in her hair is fantastic and the outfit looks lovely too. On that first photo, I thought that Bentley was trying to cuddle the doll. He's such a gorgeous dog!

    I'm glad to see that you're starting to feel better. Have a lovely rest of the week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It is a nice blend and it works too. I was even wondering about different blends before I took blue.
      Bentley is very nice and soft around my dolls and he is allowed to sniff my dolls because he is a very curious dog. He has never wanted to chew or bite my dolls, so he could cuddle them in a way. He is more into balls and fabrics (socks, towels, t-shirts…). Sometimes I give him a piece of fabric, that he carries around.
      Soon the weekend is here, yay!

      Delete
  3. Bentley can really make faces from time to time, it can be very funny. :D I was so glad I could catch this with my Sindy and then share with you!
    Thanks, the blue really works on her. Thought of pink, but it felt a bit pale and brow would have been nice but too normal. Haha! Now she needs some more clothes and I am in search for patterns or even clothes.
    I’m hoping for a Swedish lady to open her shop online. She has been making doll clothes for nearly 20 years. Sometimes she has nice outfits for Sindy dolls.
    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a great pattern! Thank you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you, and yes her hair is very soft and easy to form too. It felt great to be able to have some time for my dollies. :)

    ReplyDelete

Make me happy, send me a comment! Thank you!