04 August 2021

A fragrance of vanilla

Cristi came in a full outfit and a brush/mirror.

I did something. I saw a doll. I thought about it for some weeks. I changed my mind. And then I changed my mind again. A Paola Reina doll, Las Amigas Summer, Cristi is now home. She arrived during the earlier part of July. She is adorable.


A really cute doll named Cristi.

While surfing the doll net and different shops online I tumbled over some cute dolls made by Paola Reina. I was smitten and started to look at box openings, different versions and sizes. Had some difficulties to take the vanilla scent and the few joints - arms, neck and legs. Saw that some collectors bought a jointed body especially suited for these kind of dolls. It opened up for a possibility to change the body later on, if I would want that.


Cristi's cute black shoes on the first photo. The second one has one each - her own shoe
and a shoe for Narsha. Glad that I can use those shoes too.

Look at the lips and the details. Love her green eyes, not so fond of the lashes.

Her eyes are green and her hair is red with a warm tone. Her eyelashes are a bit strange, but it does not bother me. She has freckles and her hairdo is two cute buns. She has a cute outfit with undergarments, dress and shoes. I first wanted to buy a simple doll, with no clothes and make some own or even use the outfits my Narsha dolls have, because she is in almost the same size as a Narsha. Cristi has a very detailed face, especially the mouth and around the eyes. I like that a lot and it gives her a special look. 

Cristi in a dress I made for Esther in 2016 (Time flies!!).

A little top, suited for my Narsha dolls, works well on Cristi.
Pattern from Antique Lilac.

I wanted to test the measurements when it comes to Narsha compared to Paola Reina's Las Amigas. There is not so much differences in size, but the size around the chest surely can make some difficulties when it comes to buttons, zipper and other closings. I changed Cristi's and Esther's clothes just to see how it looked. 

A simple comparison. 

Changed outfits.

Cristi's outfit was a bit loose on Esther and I got some problems closing the zipper in the back when I tested Esther's dress on Cristi. Otherwise the Narsha doll clothes worked well on Paola Reina doll. I think that dresses for B.I.D dolls from Iplehouse may have a better fit for Paola Reina Las Amigas dolls. Skirts will work perfectly and that will even loose fit shirts or upper part clothing made from stretchy fabric do. Pants, not so sure about when it comes to the hip measurements.

I am very happy with my first Paola Reina doll. The vanilla scent will fade away slowly and the eyelashes can be changed, so even the body. But at this moment she will stay as she is. I ordered her from a Swedish company, selling toys and furniture for children. The postage was almost nothing compared to ordering her from Amazon or even the site for Paola Reina doll shop. 

Happy August!

14 comments:

  1. You have done a good choice: one more doll ๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽ‰

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, so true! ๐Ÿ˜Š ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ Thanks!

      Delete
  2. Hi Niina! I love this version of Cristi, I have an earlier version and I adore her, she also has red hair, but this lass with her beautiful little buns is probably my favourite version of her. I think Mia has the same one as you. Do you not like the Vanilla fragrance? I love it, it reminds me of babies. LOL!

    You will need to be firm with her and not allow her to soften your heart, because she will beg you for siblings before too long, and then you could end up with a whole family of nine PR Las Amigas dolls like me. ๐Ÿคฃ
    Big hugs,
    X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello and thanks! This version of Cristi was the first one I saw. I looked at several others, but came back to this girl every time. My older daughter even said that then it is her I should buy. The fragrance is something that I am not so used to. I bought an Anne Geddes doll (bunny in an egg) many years ago and it gave me a bit of head ache. So I was worried about this, and the fragrance was intense in the beginning but not so much now. So that is a good thing. And, yes, it reminds of babies!

      Oops, I have already my eyes on some other cuties in the Las Amigas line. These dolls are so adorable. I wonder how the smaller ones are. LOL! ๐Ÿ˜‚
      Big hugs!

      Delete
  3. Sometimes I get the feeling of ’so many dolls - so little time’! And it really is dangerous. As I wrote to Sandi, I already have been looking for other dolls in the same line and the smaller ones. Need keep it calm and sit still for a while. Had plans not to bring home so many new ones this year. It is not going so well.

    Thanks for the link to Resin Rapture and Mia’s tips and tricks when it comes to the eyes and eyelashes. Great post and will be helpful! If you change the eyelashes, let us know how it went.

    Thanks, the white dress works very well on Cristi but not around the shoulders and lower neck. The zipper won’t go all the way up. It can be fixed with a safety pin for the time I take photos or even be hidden with a scarf or similar.

    Cristi is cute and I will enjoy her!

    Big hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Niina! That's a lovely doll you got. Her face is so cute, with the freckles and her green eyes. Her hair color is very pretty too. I don't know if you follow Sharon (SharoninSpain), but I believe she also has some Paola Reina dolls, so you might want to check her blog to see which other doll clothes might fit her.

    I hope you're doing well and fully recovered now. Seeing you post more often makes me thing that you are, indeed, feeling better.

    Wish you a lovely week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello and thank you! She really is a pretty doll! And, yes, I do follow Sharon and it is good idea to see if she has any tips or tricks when it comes to clothes for Paola Reina dolls. :)

      Yes, I am doing well and feel fully recovered. My lungs are back to normal and I am not so tired anymore. It feels good. My oldest daughter got well very fast, and I am glad about that. My hubby still feels breathless from time to time, but he is back at work and takes it easy and day by day.

      Enjoy the new week!

      Delete
  5. Long time no see Niina, I see you have gotten a cutie home. Congrats on having Cristi, she is super sweet. I read from older comment that you've been ill, but also that you're doing better now. That is good to hear. <3

    August is almost in the end and so is my summer holiday. I hope to catch up on posts, so we'll "see" each other again. ^__^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello there and lovely to have you in the blogospheare. And yes, got this cutie home and I am happy that I did it. It is not the doll style that I usually bring home, but could not leave her there on the net shop.
      Yup, it was far from fun to be sick, but I am glad to be back on my two feet and feeling so much better! :)
      We took a late vacation this year, getting vaccinated and all. So, for the first time in two years we are back at the cottage enjoying our late vacation and the falling leaves.
      "See" you soon! <3

      Delete
  6. She is so sweet.

    I don't like their vanilla scent, so I have to keep mine in a drawer. xD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I have her in her box and kept her outside to get aired a bit. :)

      Delete
  7. I got a bit bamboozled that I fell for this one. I usually like BJD's the most, but suddenly I have all kinds of dolls in my collection. I think it is a part in the hobby, suddenly you step outside the frames, boxes and favourites. :)

    ReplyDelete

Make me happy, send me a comment! Thank you!