03 September 2021

Mai in August

Reflection or two different roads?
It was one of those warmer days, with the sun on the one end and the darker clouds on the other end of the sky. We had plans, as a family, to take a trip to a place with an old mining place and higher cliffs. But with the rain hanging over us, we made new plans.




Not far from where we live, there is a forest with many roads to walk, run or sniff if you are a dog. I took my ResinSoul doll Mai along and my oldest daughter took care of our dog Bentley. Husband and youngest daughter just enjoyed the nature. 



It was really nice to be out in the nature, I have been missing it a lot. Bentley had a blast because it was a new place for him. I took some photos, ate some berries and just breathed in the surroundings. I could hear the thunder and rain coming closer and closer. 

Standing in the middle of the road.

Dark clouds with rain. Windy too.
I had made some new clothes to Mai, out of fabric scraps I found at home. Wanted to try a pattern and did not want to try it on new fabrics, if something should go wrong. Had to alter the pattern a bit. I am pleased with the top part with the button. The skirt part would have been nice to have in the same fabric, but it is what it is. But now I know that the pattern works. Her fleece jacket is so soft and warm. Great for a windy day with rain on the way.

Hope that you are enjoying September. 

13 comments:

  1. Hi Niina! Your photos turned out beautiful. The one she's laying down surrounded by flowers looks straight up from a fairy tale. I think I saw one or two of these over you Instagram, but it's nice that you also share them here, since many people don't have Instagram. I like the fleece jacket you made for Mai, it looks so warm and cozy. Now I want to make something similar for my Barbie dolls, so they have something warm for this Autumn/Winter season.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello and thank you, I was rather pleased with them myself. Mai is a perfect doll for those fairytale photos, with her eyes closed and dreamy looks and lovely ears. I am so happy that I bought her.
      Yes, I shared some of the photos on Instagram - I usually try to blog and share the photos almost at the 'same time', but sometimes real life comes 'in the way' or I get side tracked. :D
      The jacket is a simple pattern with a back piece, two front pieces and the arms. I used a thin blanket as fabric for this one. Bought it at IKEA. Hope that you can make something warm for your Barbies. :)

      Delete
  2. Lovely photos of Mai, she's cute fairy girl. I like the dreamy look so much. <3 Lovely place you've found, I like walking roads like that too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, it was really a pleasure to just enjoy some time out. Mai is perfect for those dreamy photos, in the forest! :)

      Delete
  3. Lovely photos Niina, it looks like a beautiful and peaceful place to go for a walk, even though the clouds may seem daunting. I bet Bentley had a wonderful time checking all his "weemails" too! Dogs generally do enjoy sniffing around new places. 😊

    The outfit you made for Mai is perfect for an elf to wear during the cooler days of autumn, fleece always feels so cosy.
    Big hugs,
    X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol, "weemails" is very important to check. He is very much into tracing all kinds of scents. Ones he traced tracks from a stroller to the family's door. Found out later that they have a dog. :)
      Thank you, it was a great time out, even if the rain was on the way. Have missed to take photos outdoors of my dollies.
      Big hugs!

      Delete
  4. Thank you, Linda! It sure can be healing! I am glad you like the jacket, I tried to make a pattern for it, and almost succeeded at the first attempt. Sleeves got too long! :D
    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. MAi looks wonderful in her new clothes. I love the jacket. It's perfect for her.
    And yes, spending time and admiring the nature around us is something essencial for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, the jacket really turned out well!
      Nature can be healing for the soul and mind.

      Delete
  6. You did a great job on her clothes and she is looking quite lovely. Adore that you went with the pink hair on this one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :) I had some scraps that I used, an easy way to see if a pattern works. Mai looks great with her pink hair.

      Delete
  7. Dziękuję Ci - Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you, she is a favourite. It was a great day, even with the rain hanging over us. Nature really is a great place to get some new energy!

    ReplyDelete

Make me happy, send me a comment! Thank you!