05 April 2020

A place of her own

I was watching some YouTubers, just for fun and came across this little DIY and thought that it would be fun to do something else than clothes. It felt as a good way to get closer to the room I have been planning, collecting material to and postponing every single day. 


I collected the material for this teepee (tipi) and put some music on. The dowels they use in the video I have replaced with rather straight sticks from the nature. Cut a piece of cardboard and cut the sticks to the right length. Glued on some white fabric on the cardboard and made four holes for the sticks. It was rather fun (maybe not!) to try to balance the sticks and wrapping them with thread. After some tries I decided to take thin rubber band instead and continue the next day.



That was the day I made the rest of the teepee - pillows, flags and a blanket. Added some books and the donuts I made a year ago. Had a Littlest Pet Shop dog too, so he joined Csilla in the teepee.



It was a fun project and easy to do. It is not so big either, so I have the room for the teepee on my desk. I wonder what I will do next...Enjoy the new week!

9 comments:

  1. Thank you so much, Linda! I enjoyed this project a lot! And if I want to change the color theme I can do that with just simple things - new pillows and blankets, change flags to pom poms and so on. Need to find some pixie lights later on, to the darker evenings.
    Hugs! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't you just love it when your projects turn out well Niina? I think this is an awesome project, perfect for anyone to complete in a weekend. Everything looks beautiful together and the use of the twigs makes it all look so natural. Love your choice of fabric for the cushions and flags too, you did a wonderful job!
    Big hugs,
    X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello! Thank you so much! Absolutely, it is true! It is a great feeling when projects turn out well. It makes it more fun and gives you some happy energy....to do more projects! :D I got some fabrics from my hubby, so I wanted to use those for this. Suits well together.
      Hugs! <3

      Delete
  3. Ooooh so adorable. Was it MyFroggyStuff you saw this on? That's where I learned to make mine, the one I keep in my doll house. They are so much fun to make and very easy. I love that you substituted the dowels for natural sticks from nature. Your girl looks fantastic in there, she's just chilling out and having fun. Great photos!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, and yes it is from MyFroggyStuff I saw this on (link should be in the word DIY in the post). I wanted to make something to her and with the extra time on my hand it felt like a great project. MyFroggyStuff has so much fun things and so easily explained. I like their YouTube and blog. I saw your teepee too in some of your photos, a great one! :)

      Delete
  4. This is a very cute little project, and would be a great play prop for little YOSD sized kid dolls too :) Well done, I think it would most definitely be a nice change from sewing doll clothes.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sharon! I thought that too, like a bigger place for my Obitsu 11. Have even thought if my Pure Neemos could use it like a cozy place. My other dolls will need a larger teepee and I could make one, probably at the cottage where there is more room. Hugs!

      Delete
  5. So great! It's a perfect tiny diorama to take some beautiful photos. I love all the details.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I would love to make a smaller one for my tiny dolls. Something to look forward to during summer time, maybe!

      Delete

Make me happy, send me a comment! Thank you!